Special Section: Nitrogen Cycling in Forested Catchments
Leaching of nitrogen from forested catchments in Finland
Version of Record online: 1 DEC 1997
Copyright 1997 by the American Geophysical Union.
Global Biogeochemical Cycles
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 627–638, December 1997
How to Cite
1997), Leaching of nitrogen from forested catchments in Finland, Global Biogeochem. Cycles, 11(4), 627–638, doi:10.1029/97GB01961., , and (
- Issue online: 1 DEC 1997
- Version of Record online: 1 DEC 1997
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 JUN 1997
- Manuscript Received: 1 NOV 1996
- , Yearbook of Forest Statistics 1993–94, SVT Agriculture and forestry, 7M. Aarne, 348, Finn. For. Res. Inst., Helsinki, 1994.
- Effects of clear-cutting and forestry drainage on water quality in the Nurmes study, Symposium on the Hydrology of Wetlands in Temperate and Cold Regions, Publ. Acad. Finland, 4, 206–219, 1988. ,
- Nitrogen leaching from European forests in relation to nitrogen deposition, For. Ecol. Manage., 71, 153–161, 1995. , ,
- Analytical methods used by authorized and water authority laboratories, in FinnishRep. 121, 54Nat. Board of Waters, Helsinki, 1977. , , ,
- Statistical lake survey in Finland: Regional estimates of lake acidification, Acidification in FinlandP. Kauppi, P. Anttila, K. Kenttämies, 759–780, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990. , , , , , ,
- The environmental effects of forest drainage, Suo, 293–4, 49–58, 1978. , , ,
- The quality of deposition in Finland in 1993, in Finnish, Mimeogr. Ser., 579, Nat. Board of Waters and the Environ., Helsinki, 1994. , ,
- Ion budgets of small forested basins, Acidification in FinlandP. Kauppi, P. Anttila, K. Kenttämies, 811–823, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990. , ,
- Organic versus minerogenic acidity in headwater streams in Finland, Water Air Soil Pollut., 85, 559–564, 1995. , ,
- Runoff from Finland in the period of 1931–1990, Aqua Fenn., 221, 9–22, 1992. ,
- Influence of catchment characteristics, forestry activities and deposition on nitrogen export from small forestes catchments, Water Air Soil Pollut., 84, 81–102, 1995. , , , ,
- A preliminary study of the effects of drainage and harvesting on water quality in ombrotrophic bogs near Sept-Iles, Quebec, Water Resour. Bull., 23, 785–791, 1987. ,
- , National Board of Waters, Methods of water analyses employed by the water administration, in FinnishRep. 213, 136, Helsinki, 1981.
- Eutrophication of the Finnish coastal waters: Origin, fate and effects of riverine nutrient fluxes, Publ. Water Environ. Res. Inst., 18, 1994. ,
- , Project Pelag, Nitrogen discharge, pelagic nutrient cycles, and eutrophication of northern Baltic coastal environments, final report 1992–1995, (in press) (in Finnish),Finn. Environ. Inst.,Helsinki, 1997.
- Phosphorus and nitrogen load from forest and agricultural areas in Finland, Aqua Fenn., 192, 95–107, 1989. ,
- Nitrogen and phosphorus fluxes from Finnish agricultural areas to the Baltic Sea, Nord. Hydrol., 26, 55–72, 1995. , , , ,
- Response of leaching from mire ecosystems to changing climate, The Finnish Research Programme on Climate Change, Second Prog. Rep.M. Kanninen, P. Heikinheimo, Publ. Acad. Finland 1, 291–296, Helsinki, 1994. ,
- Impact of forestry practices on the leaching of nutrients and organic matter, in Finnish, The Effects of Forestry on Waters and their Abatement. Final Report of METVE-projectS. Saukkonen, K. Kenttämies, Finnish Environment 2, 15–32Finn. Environ. Inst., Helsinki, 1995. , ,
- Prescribed burning in forestry, Commun. Inst. For. Fenn., 67(7), 49, 1969. ,
- Nitrate losses from disturbed ecosystems, Science, 204, 469–474, 1979. , , , , , ,