The Electrical Nature of Storms

Authors


Abstract

I am a biased reviewer. Last spring, I purchased nine copies of The Electrical Nature of Storms, five for my research group and four for our department library. In August, AGU sent me my 10th copy to review and said that I could keep it. So I have 1 % of the initial printing and invite you to acquire the remaining 99%.

This book developed from the authors' two decades of experience divided between the National Severe Storms Laboratory in Norman, Oklahoma, and the meteorology and physics departments at the University of Oklahoma. The result is a modern, up-to-date, graduate-level textbook on the electrical processes of storms. A fundamental understanding of meteorology and physics is sufficient to comprehend most of the text.