New hydraulics laboratory
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
©1984. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 65, Issue 49, page 1201, 4 December 1984
How to Cite
1984), New hydraulics laboratory, Eos Trans. AGU, 65(49), 1201–1201, doi:10.1029/EO065i049p01201-02.(
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Cited By
The DeFrees Hydraulics Laboratory was opened in June 1984 as a 500-m2 addition to the former hydraulics teaching laboratory in Cornell University's School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. Total laboratory space is now about 800 m2 and is dedicated to basic and applied research and teaching in hydraulics, fluid mechanics, and hydrology. Three major equipment installations are in progress: a 33-m wave tank with a random wave generator for coastal/ocean engineering research, a 24-m wind-water tunnel for stratified flow and interfacial transfer research, and a 24-m tilting flume for open channel turbulence and sediment transport research.