Goals of the Union
Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
©1986. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 67, Issue 39, page 725, 30 September 1986
How to Cite
1986), Goals of the Union, Eos Trans. AGU, 67(39), 725–725, doi:10.1029/EO067i039p00725-01.(
- Issue published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 3 JUN 2011
- Cited By
The purposes of the Union are defined in the statutes as follows:
- To promote the scientific study of the earth and its environment in space and to make the results of such studies available to the public.
- To promote cooperation among scientific organizations whose objectives include the furtherance of knowledge in the geophysical disciplines.
- To initiate and participate in geophysical research programs, including those that depend upon international cooperation.
- To advance the various geophysical disciplines by scientific discussion, publication and dissemination of information, and by sponsorship of scientific and technical symposia, colloquia, and meetings.