SEARCH

SEARCH BY CITATION

The American Geophysical Union, which was established in 1919 by the National Research Council and for more than 50 years operated as an unincorporated affiliate of the National Academy of Sciences, is now a corporation chartered under the laws of the District of Columbia. The Union is dedicated to the furtherance of the sciences of geophysics through the individual efforts of its Members and in cooperation with other national and international scientific organizations.