Linking Mediterranean brine pools and mud volcanism
Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
©2000. American Geophysical Union. All Rights Reserved.
Eos, Transactions American Geophysical Union
Volume 81, Issue 51, pages 625–632, 19 December 2000
How to Cite
MEDINAUT/MEDINETH Shipboard Scientific Parties (2000), Linking Mediterranean brine pools and mud volcanism, Eos Trans. AGU, 81(51), 625–632, doi:10.1029/EO081i051p00625-02.
- Issue online: 3 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 3 JUN 2011
- Cita, M. B., M. K. Ivanov, and J. M. Woodside, Special Issue:The Mediterranean Ridge Diapiric Belt, Mar. Geol., 132, 1–271, 1996.
- Pore-water indications of gas hydrates in eastern Mediterranean mud dome structures, Proc. Ocean Drill. Prog. Sci. Results, 160, 569–574, 1998. , and ,
- Proc. Ocean Drill. Prog. Initial Rep.160, 972College Station, Tex., 1996. , et al.,
- Images may show start of European-African plate collision, Eos, Trans. AGU, 80, 421, 1999. , et al.,
- , MEDRIFF Consortium, Three brine lakes discovered in the seafloor of the eastern Mediterranean, Eos, Trans. AGU, 76, 313, 1995.
- Biomarker evidence for widespread anaerobic methane oxidation in Mediterranean sediments by a consortium of methanogenic archaea and bacteria, Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 66, 1126–1132, 2000. , et al.,
- Tectonic setting and processes of mud volcanism on the Mediterranean Ridge accretionary complex: Evidence from Leg 160, Proc. Ocean Drill. Prog. Sci. Res., 160, 665–680, 1998. , and ,
- Biogeography biodiversity and fluid dependence of deepsea cold seep communities at active and passive margins, Deep-Sea Res., II, 45, 517–567, 1998. , and ,
- Brine pools associated with Mediterranean Ridge mud diapirs:An interpretation of echo-free patches in deep two sidescan sonar data, Mar. Geol., 132, 55–61, 1996. , and ,
- Woodside, J. M., M. K. Ivanov, and A. F. Limonov, Neotectonics and fluid flow through seafloor sediments in the eastern Mediterranean and Black Seas, Intergov. Oceanogr. Comm. Tech. Ser., 48 (I and II), 226, 1997.
- Shallow gas and gas hydrates in the Anaximander Mountains regions, eastern Mediterranean Sea, in Gas Hydrates: Relevance to World Margin Stability and Climate Change, Geol. Soc. London Spec. Publ., 137, 177–193, 1998. , et al.,