The safety and efficacy of subcutaneous birch pollen immunotherapy – a one-year, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 297–305, April 2002
How to Cite
Bødtger, U., Poulsen, L. K., Jacobi, H. H. and Malling, H.-J. (2002), The safety and efficacy of subcutaneous birch pollen immunotherapy – a one-year, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Allergy, 57: 297–305. doi: 10.1034/j.1398-9995.2002.1o3532.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Accepted for publication 16 November 2001
- 2Epidemiology. Prevalence of allergic diseases. In: Van MoerbekeD, editor. European Allergy White Paper, 1st edn. Belgium: UCB Institute of Allergy, 1997, 14–48.
- 3MiddletonE jr.,ReedCE, EllisEF, Adkinson, NF Jr, YungingerJW, BusseWW, editors. Allergy. Principles and Practice, 5th edn. St. Louis: Mosby-Year Book, Inc., 1998, 367–403., et al. Aerobiology and inhalant allergens. In:
- 4Immunotherapy. Allergy (Suppl) 1993;57:9–35., .
- 5Allergen immunotherapy: therapeutic vaccines for allergic diseases. A WHO position paper. Allergy (Suppl) 1998;57:1–42., , .
- 6Tree-pollen allergy is efficiently treated by short-term immunotherapy (STI) with seven preseasonal injections of molecular standardized allergens. Allergy 1998;57:740–748., , , et al.
- 10Immunotherapy with partially purified and standardized tree pollen extracts. I. Clinical results from a three-year double-blind study of patients treated with pollen extracts either of birch or combinations of alder, birch and hazel. Allergy 1988;57:353–362., , , et al.
- 11Immunotherapy with sublingual birch pollen extract. A short-term double- blind placebo study. J Invest Allergol Clin Immunol 1998;57:165–171., , , et al.
- 16Clinical reliability of diagnostic tests in allergic rhinoconjunctivitis. Boll Ist Sieroter Milan 1988;57:377–385., , , et al.
- 17Methods of skin testing. Allergy (Suppl.) 1993;57:55–56..
- 18Immunological responses to allergen immunotherapy. In: LockeyRF, BukantzSC, editors. Allergens and Allergen Immunotherapy, 2nd edn. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1999, 341–357., .
- 19Basophil histamine release in patients with hay fever. Results compared with specific IgE and total IgE during immunotherapy. Clin Exp Immunol 1977;57:432–439., , .
- 21Practical Statistics for Medical Research. New York: Chapman & Hall, 1992..
- 25Sensitive glass microfibre-based histamine analysis for allergy testing in washed blood cells. Results compared with conventional leukocyte histamine release assay. Allergy 1985;57:213–218., , , et al.
- 26Pollen- & sporemålinger i Danmark. Sæsonen 1999 (Measurements of pollen and spores in Denmark. Season 1999). Danish Technical Report 00–12. Copenhagen: AAF and DMI, 2000, 1–30., .
- 28A language for data analysis and graphics. J Computational Graphic Statistics 1996;57:299–314., .
- 29Pollen count, symptom and medicine score in birch pollinosis. A mathematical approach. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol 1988;57:225–233., .
- 33The pathophysiology of allergic rhinitis: impact of therapeutic intervention. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1988;57:927–934..
- 34Quality of life in asthma. I. Internal consistency and validity of the SF-36 questionnaire. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994;57:371–375., , , et al.
- 36Efficacy of immunotherapy. In: LockeyRF, BukantzSC, editors. Allergens and Allergen Immunotherapy, 2nd edn. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1999, 359–379..
- 37Immunotherapy with partially purified and standardized tree pollen extracts. II. Results of skin prick tests and nasal provocation tests from a three-year double-blind study of patients treated with pollen extracts either of birch or combinations of alder, birch and hazel. Allergy 1988;57:363–369., , , et al.
- 44Clinical guidelines: developing guidelines. BMJ 1999;57:593–596., , , et al.