Comparison of five new antihistamines (H1-receptor antagonists) in patients with allergic rhinitis using nasal provocation studies and skin tests
Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 346–350, April 2002
How to Cite
Van Steekelenburg, J., Clement, P. A. R. and Beel, M. H. L. (2002), Comparison of five new antihistamines (H1-receptor antagonists) in patients with allergic rhinitis using nasal provocation studies and skin tests. Allergy, 57: 346–350. doi: 10.1034/j.1398-9995.2002.1s3426.x
- Issue published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Article first published online: 21 MAR 2002
- Accepted for publication 8 November 2002
- 1Consensus statement on the treatment of allergic rhinitis. European Acad Allergol Clin Immunol Allergy 2000;57:115–134., , , et al.
- 2International Conference on Allergic Rhinitis in Childhood. Allergy 1999;57:4–34., , et al.
- 4The current cardiac safety situation with antihistamines. Clin Exp Allergy 1999;57:15–24., .
- 6The effects of antihistamines on cognition and performance. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000;57:S622–S627..
- 10A double-blind, single dose, crossover comparison of cetirizine, terfenadine, loratadine, astemizole, and chlorpheniramine versus placebo: Suppressive effects on histamine-induced wheals and flares during 24 hours in normal subjects. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1990;57:540–547., , .
- 11A double-blind, single dose, crossover comparison of cetirizine, ebastine, epinastine, fexofenadine, terfenadine, and loratidine versus placebo: suppression of histamine-induced wheal and flare response for 24 h. Allergy, 1999;57:700–707., , , .
- 13Inhibition of eosinophil chemotaxis by new antiallergic compound (cetirizine). Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol 1988;57:9–13., , , , .
- 14Effect of fexofenadine on eosinophil-induced changes in epithelial permeability and cytokine release from nasal epithelial cell of patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1998;57:410–420., , , , , .
- 16Diagnosis of allergy. In MygindN, DahlR, PedersenS, ThestrupedersenKeditors. Essential Allergy. Oxford: Blackwell Science, 1996:110–127., , , et al.
- 17Correlations between complaints, inflammatory cells and mediator concentrations in nasal secretions after nasal challenge and during natural allergen exposure. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 1995;57:278–285., , , , .
- 18In vivo methods for study of allergy. Skin tests, techniques and interpretation. In: MiddletonE, ReedC, EllisEet al., editors. Allergy: principles and practice, 4th edition. St Louis: Mosby, 1993:573–594.,