Prevalence of sensitization to the predatory mite Amblyseius cucumeris as a new occupational allergen in horticulture
Article first published online: 10 JUL 2003
Volume 57, Issue 7, pages 614–619, July 2002
How to Cite
Giséle, C. M., Groenewoud, M. D., De G raaf in ′t Veld , C., Van Oorschot–van Nes, A. J., De J ong , N. W., Vermeulen, A. M., Van Toorenenbergen, A. W., Burdorf, A., De G root , H. and Van Wijk, R. G. (2002), Prevalence of sensitization to the predatory mite Amblyseius cucumeris as a new occupational allergen in horticulture. Allergy, 57: 614–619. doi: 10.1034/j.1398-9995.2002.203511.x
- Issue published online: 10 JUL 2003
- Article first published online: 10 JUL 2003
- Accepted for publication 4 March 2002
- 1Biological control of sweet pepper pests in the Netherlands. IOBC Bull 1999;22:217–220..
- 2Preselection of predatory mites to improve year-round biological control of western flower thrips in greenhouse crops. Entomologia Expis Applicata 1995;74:225–234., , , , .
- 4Allergen standardization and skin tests. Allergy Position Paper EAACI 1993;48:49–75., .
- 7Measurement of Total Serum Immunoglobulin E and Allergen – Specific Immunoglobulin E Antibody. Manual of Clinical Immunology, 2nd edn. Washington, DC: American Society for Microbiologie 1980,789–793., , .
- 8Nasal hyperreactivity and inflammation in perennial allergic rhinitis. Thesis Rotterdam 1995., .
- 13Spider mite allergy in apple-cultivating farmers: European red mite (Panonychus ulmi) and two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae) may be important allergens in the development of work-related asthma and rhinitis symptoms. J Allergy Clin Immunol 1999;104:1285–1292., , et al.
- 14Predatory mites, Phytoseilus persimilis and Amblyseius cucumeris, used for biological crop protection, cause sensitization among greenhouse workers. Allergy (Suppl.) 2000;55:30., , .
- 15Occupational respiratory allergy in bakery workers. Thesis, Agriculture University Wageningen, Wageningen, The Netherlands 1996..
- 16Laboratory animal allergy; allergen exposure assessment and epidemiological study of risk factors. Thesis, Wageningen 1997..