Land-use change and management effects on carbon sequestration in soils of Russia's South Taiga zone
Article first published online: 12 MAY 2003
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 331–337, April 2003
How to Cite
LARIONOVA, A. A., ROZANOVA, L. N., YEVDOKIMOV, I. V., YERMOLAYEV, A. M., KURGANOVA, I. N. and BLAGODATSKY, S. A. (2003), Land-use change and management effects on carbon sequestration in soils of Russia's South Taiga zone. Tellus B, 55: 331–337. doi: 10.1034/j.1600-0889.2003.00042.x
- Issue published online: 12 MAY 2003
- Article first published online: 12 MAY 2003
- (Manuscript received 14 January 2002; on final form 8 November 2002)
- 1986. Effect of pasture establishment on steppe ecosystems. In: Productivity of grasslands and pastures. Nauka, Novosibirsk , 59–62 (in Russian). and
- 1998. Extractability of microbial N as influenced by C:N ratio in the flush after drying or fumigation. Biol. Fertil. Soils 28, 5–11. and
- 1992. Physical fractionation of soil and organic matter in primary particle size and density separates. Adv. Soil. Sci. 20, 1–90.
- 1984. Soil geography. MGU, Moscow , 415 pp. (in Russian). and
- 1995. Ecological problems of CO2 uptake by forestry of Russia. Center of Ecological policy of Russia, Moscow , 155 pp. (in Russian). , and
- 1999. The dynamics of the characteristics of gray forest soils under perennial grasses. Ph.D. Thesis, Institute of Biology , Ufa , 24 pp. (in Russian).
- 1984. Organic substances and soil fertility. Pochvovedenije 8, 6–20 (in Russian).
- 1998. Soil respiration and carbon balance of gray forest soils as affected by land use. Biol. Fertil. Soils 27, 251–257. , , , , and
- 2000. In: Full carbon account for Russia. Interim Report IR-00-021, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis , Laxenburg , Austria , 180 pp. , , , , and
- 1981. Manual for humus chemistry. MGU, Moscow (in Russian). and
- 1996. Soil organic matter of Russia. Nauka, Moscow, 254 pp. (in Russian). , and
- 2000. Soil degradation processes on agricultural lands of Russia. Eurasian Soil Sci. 33, 319–330. and
- 1997. Agricultural soils as a sink to mitigate CO2 emissions. Soil Use and Management 13, 230–244. , , , , , , and
- 2000. Soil carbon sequestration and land use change: processes and potential. Global Change Biol. 6, 317–327. and
- 2000. Carbon sequestration in soils: some cautions amidst optimism. Agric. Ecosys. Environ. 82, 121–127.
- 2000. Meeting Europe's climate change commitments: quantitative estimates of the potential for carbon mitigation by agriculture. Global Change Biol. 6, 525–539. , , , and
- 1991. The regimes of biological turnover. Nauka. Novosibirsk , 148 pp. (in Russian). and
- 1996. Belowground plant organs in grassland ecosystems. Nauka, Novosibirsk , 128 pp. (in Russian). , , and
- 1985. Soil formation in technogenic landscapes on loess parent material. In: Technogenic ecosystems: Organizing and functioning. Nauka, Novosibirsk , 107–134 (in Russian). , , and
- 2000. Influence of climate conditions and management of sown meadows on the herbage productivity and properties of gray forest soils. Pochvovedenije 12, 1501–1508 (in Russian). and