The Report of a National Conference on the Wait List for Kidney Transplantation
Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2003
American Journal of Transplantation
Volume 3, Issue 7, pages 775–785, July 2003
How to Cite
Gaston, R. S., Danovitch, G. M., Adams, P. L., Wynn, J. J., Merion, R. M., Deierhoi, M. H., Metzger, R. A., Cecka, J. M., Harmon, W. E., Leichtman, A. B., Spital, A., Blumberg, E., Herzog, C. A., Wolfe, R. A., Tyan, D. B., Roberts, J., Rohrer, R., Port, F. K. and Delmonico, F. L. (2003), The Report of a National Conference on the Wait List for Kidney Transplantation. American Journal of Transplantation, 3: 775–785. doi: 10.1034/j.1600-6143.2003.00146.x
- Issue online: 30 MAY 2003
- Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2003
- Received 6 January 2003,revised andaccepted 4 March 2003
- 1United Network for Organ Sharing, Richmond VA. 2002.
- 2United States Scientific Renal Transplant Registry (SRTR). Annual Report. 2001.
- 7National Kidney Foundation. K/DOQI Clinical Practice Guidelines for Chronic Kidney Disease. Evaluation, classification and stratification. Am J Kidney Dis 2002; 39 (Suppl. 1): S1–S266.
- 9United States Renal Data System (USRDS). Annual Data Report. Minneapolis, MN; 2001.
- 12Racial differences, by state, in access to wait listing and renal transplantation in the United States (Abstract). Am J Transplant 2001; 1 (Suppl. 1): 357., , et al.
- 20Evolution of Medicare policy involving transplantation and immunosuppressive medications: past developments and future directions. In: FieldMJ, LawrenceRL, ZwanzigerL, eds. Extending Medicare Coverage for Preventive and Other Services. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2000. pp D23–D38..
- 23Office of Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services. Clinical Performance Measures for Dialysis Facilities: Building on the Experiences of the Dialysis corporations. Washington, DC: 2002 January.
- 24Potential negative impact on academic kidney transplant programs by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 that extends ESRD coordination of benefits to 30 months (Abstract). Am J Transplant 2002; 2 (Suppl. 3): 262., , , .
- 27National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive, Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). National Kidney Disease Education Program http://www.nkdep.nih.gov2001.
- 29The effect of HLA B and DR points on access to kidney transplantation and graft failure by race and ethnicity in the US (Abstract). Am J Transplant 2002; 2 (Suppl. 3): 146., , et al.
- 32The evaluation of renal transplant candidates: clinical practice guidelines. J Am Transplant 2001; 2 (Suppl. 1): 5–95., , et al.
- 37The epidemic of cardiovascular disease in chronic renal failure: a challenge to transplant physicians. Graft 1999; 2: 5108–5112..
- 38CDC. Recommendations for preventing transmission of infections among chronic hemodialysis patients. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50: 1–41.
- 40CDC. Targeted tuberculin testing and treatment of latent tuberculosis infection. Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2000; 49: 1–51.
- 41What are your chances of getting a zero mismatched kidney? (Abstract 138 presented at the American Transplant Congress, Chicago, May 2001). Am J Transplant 2001; 1 (Suppl. 1): 170., , , , .
- 45Mortality risk for expanded donor kidney recipients compared with waitlisted dialysis patients. Am Soc Nephrol 2002: 13: Abstract #SU-FC231., , et al.