Can bacteria save the planet?
New developments in systems biology and biotechnology to harness bacteria for renewable energy and environmental regeneration
Article first published online: 5 FEB 2010
Copyright © 2010 European Molecular Biology Organization
Volume 11, Issue 4, pages 266–269, April 2010
How to Cite
Hunter, P. (2010), Can bacteria save the planet?. EMBO reports, 11: 266–269. doi: 10.1038/embor.2010.39
- Issue published online: 1 APR 2010
- Article first published online: 5 FEB 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Revised: 11 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Received: 3 SEP 2009
Bacteria might just hold the key to preserving the environment for our great grandchildren. Philip Hunter explores some of the novel ways in which systems biology and biotechnology are harnessing bacteria to produce renewable energy and clean up pollution.