Science & Society
Engineering and ethical perspectives in synthetic biology
Rigorous, robust and predictable designs, public engagement and a modern ethical framework are vital to the continued success of synthetic biology.
Article first published online: 15 JUN 2012
Copyright © 2012 European Molecular Biology Organization
This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited. This license does not permit commercial exploitation without specific permission.
Volume 13, Issue 7, pages 584–590, July 2012
How to Cite
Anderson, J., Strelkowa, N., Stan, G.-B., Douglas, T., Savulescu, J., Barahona, M. and Papachristodoulou, A. (2012), Engineering and ethical perspectives in synthetic biology. EMBO reports, 13: 584–590. doi: 10.1038/embor.2012.81
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 15 JUN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Designing de novo: interdisciplinary debates in synthetic biology, Systems and Synthetic Biology, 2013, 7, 1-2, 41, ,
- 2Interactive learning and action: realizing the promise of synthetic biology for global health, Systems and Synthetic Biology, 2013, 7, 3, 127, , ,
- 3Synthetic biology as a source of global health innovation, Systems and Synthetic Biology, 2013, 7, 3, 67,
- 4Tuning the dials of Synthetic Biology, Microbiology, 2013, 159, Pt_7, 1236, , , , , , ,