Published Online: 23 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
How to Cite
Takeda, S. and Yamazoe, M. 2005. DNA Recombination. eLS. .
- Published Online: 23 SEP 2005
DNA recombination plays an essential role both in generating genetic diversity during lymphocyte development and meiosis and in maintaining genome stability through DNA double-strand break repair. In DNA recombination, two broad classes are commonly recognized: general recombination and site-specific recombination.
- double-strand break repair;
- nonhomologous end-joining;
- homologous recombination;
- immunoglobulin gene rearrangement