Published Online: 23 SEP 2005
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. All rights reserved.
How to Cite
Tümmler, B. and Mekus, F. 2005. Restriction Mapping. eLS. .
- Published Online: 23 SEP 2005
Deoxyribonucleic acid is partially or completely digested with one or more restriction endonucleases. The generated fragments are separated by size, and then ordered by combinatorial analysis to generate a physical map.
- agarose gel electrophoresis;
- physical map;
- pulsed-field gel electrophoresis;
- restriction endonuclease;
- southern blot hybridization