Obesity Management: Australian General Practitioners’ Attitudes and Practices
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2000 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 8, Issue 6, pages 459–466, September 2000
How to Cite
Campbell, K., Engel, H., Timperio, A., Cooper, C. and Crawford, D. (2000), Obesity Management: Australian General Practitioners’ Attitudes and Practices. Obesity Research, 8: 459–466. doi: 10.1038/oby.2000.57
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Submitted for publication September 23, 1999. Accepted for publication in final form February 28, 2000
- 1World Health Organization. (June 1997) Obesity, Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic: Report of the WHO Consultation of Obesity Geneva: World Health Organisation.
- 2Commonwealth Department of Human Services and Health. (1994) Better Health Outcomes for Australians. National Goals, Targets and Strategies for Better Health Outcomes in the Next Century Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service.
- 41992) Australians’ food beliefs and behaviours: an overview of five Australian random population studies. Aust J Nutr Diets 49: 94–101.(
- 81994) Weight loss referral practices and recommendations of general practitioners. Aust J Nutr Diets 51: 82–87., (
- 91987) The management of obesity by general practitioners: report of a questionnaire survey Royal Australian College of General Practitioners Melbourne.(
- 14Clevenger SJ. (1983) Attitudes of registered nurses toward the obese. Lawrence, KS: University of Kansas; Thesis.
- 171979) Attitudes toward obesity and the obese among professionals. J Am Diet Assoc 174: 334–336., , , , (
- 22SPSS Inc. (1995) SPSS for Windows, Release 7.0. Chicago, IL: SPSS Inc.
- 23Commonwealth Department of Health and Family Services, General Practice Branch (1996) General Practice in Australia Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health and Family Services.
- 241994) Current teaching about obesity in Australian universities. Med J Aust 160: 584–585., (
- 28Institute of Medicine (1995) Weighing the Options: Criteria for Evaluating Weight-management Programs Washington, DC: National Academy Press.