The Worldwide Obesity Epidemic
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2001 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Special Issue: Dietary Patterns for Weight Management and Health
Volume 9, Issue S11, pages 228S–233S, November 2001
How to Cite
James, P. T., Leach, R., Kalamara, E. and Shayeghi, M. (2001), The Worldwide Obesity Epidemic. Obesity Research, 9: 228S–233S. doi: 10.1038/oby.2001.123
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- 1World Health Organization (2000) Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. WHO Obesity Technical Report Series 894: World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland.
- 2World Health Organization (1995) Physical Status: The Use and Interpretation of Anthropometry. Technical Report Series 854: World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland.
- 31991) Population distributions of risk and disease. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 1: 37–40.(
- 5World Health Organization/International Association for the Study of Obesity/International Obesity Takforce. The Asia-Pacific perspective: redefining obesity and its treatment. Available at: http:www.idi.org.auobesity report.htm.
- 82000) Ending malnutrition by 2020: an agenda for change in the millennium: final report to the ACC/SCN by the Commission on the Nutrition Challenges of the 21st Century. Food Nutr Bull 21(suppl): 1–88., , , et al. (
- 11State of Victoria (1999) Victorian Burden of Disease Study: Morbidity Public Health Division, Department of Human Services Melbourne Victoria, Australia.
- 121997) Nutrient partitioning. Bray, GA Bouchard, C. James, WPT eds. Handbook on Obesity 555–71. Marcel Dekker Inc. New York, NY., (
- 14Peña M., Bacallao J., eds. Obesity and Poverty (2000) 41–9. Pan American Health Organization Washington, DC. Scientific publication 576.
- 161999) Assessment of childhood and adolescent obesity. Am J Clin Nutr 70(suppl): 117–75S., (
- 191999) Defining obesity in childhood: current practice. Am J Clin Nutr 70(suppl): 126–30S.(
- 211999) Tracking of body mass index in children in relation to overweight in adulthood. Am J Clin Nutr 70(suppl): 145–18S., (
- 241999) Childhood predictors of adult obesity: a systematic review. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 23(suppl): S1–107., , , (