The Sweetening of the World's Diet
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2003 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 11, Issue 11, pages 1325–1332, November 2003
How to Cite
Popkin, B. M. and Nielsen, S. J. (2003), The Sweetening of the World's Diet. Obesity Research, 11: 1325–1332. doi: 10.1038/oby.2003.179
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review February 10, 2003; Accepted in final form September 15, 2003
- 6International Life Science Institute (1995) Workshop on the Evaluation of the Nutritional and Health Aspects of Sugars. Am J Clin Nutr 62: 161–296.
- 8World Cancer Research Fund (1997) Food, Nutrition and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective American Institute for Cancer Research Washington, DC.
- 121977) Time, sugar, and sweetness. Counihan, C Van Esterik, P eds. Food and Culture: A Reader 357–369. Routledge New York, NY.(
- 132000) Sugar, Kiple KF Ornelas, KC eds. The Cambridge World History of Food I: 437–449. Cambridge University Press New York, NY.(
- 141999) Diets of individuals based on energy intakes from caloric sweeteners. Fam Econ Nutr Rev 12: 31–38.(
- 161961) Defects, uses, and abuses of national food supply and consumption data. Food Res Inst Studies 2: 179–201.(
- 191988) Nationwide Food Consumption Survey, 1977. Nutr Today 23: 18–24., , (
- 201978) The 1977–78 Nationwide Food Consumption Survey. Fam Econ Rev 4: 3(
- 21U.S. Department of Agriculture (1972) Food and Nutrient Intake of Individuals in the U.S. U.S. Department of Agriculture Washington, DC.
- 221990) Effects of Procedural Differences Between 1977 and 1987. Nationwide Food Consumption Survey Report 87-M-1, Human Nutrition Information Service U.S. Department of Agriculture Washington, DC., (
- 241993) USDA Food Guide: Background and Development U.S. Department of Agriculture Hyattsville, MD., , (
- 252003) The Rise of Supermarkets in Latin America and Asia: Implications for International Markets for Fruits and Vegetables. Regmi, A Gehlhar, M eds. Global Markets for High Value Food Products, Agriculture Information Bulletin Economic Research Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture Washington DC., , (