The costs of publication of this article were defrayed, in part, by the payment of page charges. This article must, therefore, be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Commercial Internet Weight Loss Program
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2004 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 12, Issue 6, pages 1011–1018, June 2004
How to Cite
Womble, L. G., Wadden, T. A., McGuckin, B. G., Sargent, S. L., Rothman, R. A. and Krauthamer-Ewing, E. S. (2004), A Randomized Controlled Trial of a Commercial Internet Weight Loss Program. Obesity Research, 12: 1011–1018. doi: 10.1038/oby.2004.124
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review November 06, 2003; Accepted in final form April 26, 2004
- 32002) Behavioral treatment of obesity. In Wadden, TA and Stunkard, AJ (eds). Handbook of Obesity Treatment. Guilford: New York. pp 301–316.(
- 112002) Commercial and self-help weight loss programs. In Wadden, TA and Stunkard, AJ (eds). Handbook of Obesity Treatment. Guilford: New York. pp 395–415., , (
- 12Weight Watchers. (2003) Available online at http:www.weightwatchers.comindex.aspx. Accessed October 22.
- 13Jenny Craig. (2003) Available online at http:www.jennycraig.com. Accessed October 22.
- 14Nutrisystem. (2003) Available online at http:www.nutrisystem.com. Accessed October 22.
- 15Diet Smart. (2003) Available online at http:www.dietsmart.comcgi-bindietsmartIndex.sb. Accessed October 22.
- 17Federal Trade Commission. (1997) Commercial Weight Loss Products and Programs: What Consumers Stand to Gain and Lose. Federal Trade Commission: Washington, DC.
- 182000) The LEARN Program for Weight Management 2000. American Health Publishing: Dallas, TX.(
- 191990) Weight Maintenance Survival Guide. American Health Publishing: Dallas, TX., (
- 201987) Manual for the Beck Depression Inventory. Psychological Corp.: New York., (
- 221988) Eating Inventory Manual. Psychological Corp.: New York., (
- 332003) What consumers want to know about commercial weight loss programs: a pilot investigation. Obes Res. 40: 131–135., , , et al. (