This paper was presented orally at the annual meeting of the International Society for Quality of Life Research, November 7–10, 2001, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and as a poster at the annual meeting of the North American Association for the Study of Obesity, Oct. 7–10, 2001, Quebec City, Canada.
Performance of Two Self-Report Measures for Evaluating Obesity and Weight Loss*
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2004 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 12, Issue 1, pages 48–57, January 2004
How to Cite
Patrick, D. L., Bushnell, D. M. and Rothman, M. (2004), Performance of Two Self-Report Measures for Evaluating Obesity and Weight Loss. Obesity Research, 12: 48–57. doi: 10.1038/oby.2004.8
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review July 31, 2002; Accepted in final form October 28, 2003
- 221999) A newly designed cross-cultural questionnaire on QOL in obesity. Qual Life Res. 8: 585, , , et al (
- 251993) Health Status and Quality of Life in Health Care Evaluation and Resource Allocation. Oxford University Press: New York, NY., (
- 26The WHOQoL Group (1994) The development of the World Health Organization quality-of-life assessment (the WHOQoL). In Orley, J and Kuyken, W (eds). Quality-of-Life Assessment: International Perspectives. Springer Verlag: Berlin. 41–57.
- 27National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (1998) Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. National Institutes of Health: Washington, DC.
- 321993) SF-36 Health Survey Manual and Interpretation Guide. New England Medical Center, The Health Institute: Boston, MA. 7:9–7:11., , , (
- 34SPSS (1999) Statistical Package for the Social Sciences Base 10.0 User's Guide. SPSS, Inc.: Chicago, IL.
- 361951) Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests. Psychometrika. 16: 297–334.(
- 381994) Psychometric Theory. 3rd ed. McGraw-Hill: New York., (
- 391997) Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences. (revised edition). Academic Press: New York.(
- 40International Obesity Task Force (Accessed December 12, 2003) National Institutes of Health Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. http:www.iotf.org.
- 452002) The SF-36 Physical and Mental Health Summary Scales: A Manual for User's, Version 1. 2nd ed. QualityMetric: Lincoln, RI., (