The costs of publication of this article were defrayed, in part, by the payment of page charges. This article must, therefore, be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
Utility of Childhood BMI in the Prediction of Adulthood Disease: Comparison of National and International References
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2005 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 13, Issue 6, pages 1106–1115, June 2005
How to Cite
Janssen, I., Katzmarzyk, P. T., Srinivasan, S. R., Chen, W., Malina, R. M., Bouchard, C. and Berenson, G. S. (2005), Utility of Childhood BMI in the Prediction of Adulthood Disease: Comparison of National and International References. Obesity Research, 13: 1106–1115. doi: 10.1038/oby.2005.129
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review September 15, 2004; Accepted in final form March 16, 2005
- 22000) CDC Growth Charts for the United States: methods and development. Vital Health Stat 11 2002: 1–190., , , et al (
- 8World Health Organization Expert Committee (1995) Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry: report of a WHO Expert Committee. WHO Tech Rep Ser. 854: 1–452.
- 9World Health Organization (1998) Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland.
- 161983) Serum lipoproteins in children and methods for study. In: Lewis, LA eds. CRC Handbook of Electrophoresis: Lipoprotein Methodology and Human Studies 3: 185–204. CRC Boca Raton, FL., (
- 18National Institutes of Health National Heart Lung and Blood Institute (1998) Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: the evidence report. Obes Res. 6: S51–S210.
- 20Expert Panel on Detection Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (2001) Executive summary of the third report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA 285: 2486–2497.
- 292004) The independent influence of physical inactivity and obesity on health complaints in 6th to 10th grade Canadian youth. J Phys Activity Health 1: 331–343., , , (
- 34National High Blood Pressure Working Group on Hypertension Control in Children (1996) Update on the 1987 task force on high blood pressure in children and adolescents: a working group report from the National High Blood Pressure Education Program. Pediatrics 98: 650–658.