Piedmont Health Services, Chapel Hill, North Carolina and Sandhills Community Care Network, Pinehurst, North Carolina; S.D., University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, Texas; L.S.K., L.K., R.T.H., M.B.B., S.J.Y., Veterans Administration National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Durham, North Carolina; Z.G., North Carolina State Center for Health Statistics, Department of Health and Human Services, Raleigh, North Carolina.
Obesity and Weight Control Practices in 2000 Among Veterans Using VA Facilities
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2005 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 13, Issue 8, pages 1404–1411, August 2005
How to Cite
Wang, A., Kinsinger, L. S., Kahwati, L. C., Das, S. R., Gizlice, Z., Harvey, R. T., Burdick, M. B. and Yevich, S. J. (2005), Obesity and Weight Control Practices in 2000 Among Veterans Using VA Facilities. Obesity Research, 13: 1404–1411. doi: 10.1038/oby.2005.170
The costs of publication of this article were defrayed, in part, by the payment of page charges. This article must, therefore, be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review September 21, 2004; Accepted in final form May 20, 2005
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity among Adults: US 1999. http:www.cdc.govnchsproductspubspubdhestatsobeseobse99.htm (Accessed May 27, 2003).
- 141995) Psychological factors and quality of life in obesity. Int J Obes 19S6: S1–S5., , (
- 15Health Conditions and Behaviors among North Carolina and United States Military Veterans Compared to Non-Veterans http:www.schsstatencusSCHSpdfSCHS-133pdf (Accessed February 10, 2003).
- 18Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2000) Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Data US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Atlanta, GA.
- 19Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2000) Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Survey Questionnaire US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Atlanta, GA.
- 20National Heart Lung and Blood Institute Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: The Evidence Report http:www.nhlbinihgovguidelinesobesityob_gdlnshtm (Accessed March 27, 2003).
- 29Institute of Medicine (2003) Weight Management: State of the Science and Opportunities for Military Programs National Academy Press Washington, DC.