The costs of publication of this article were defrayed, in part, by the payment of page charges. This article must, therefore, be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
Trends in Obesity and Overweight-Related Office Visits and Drug Prescriptions in Canada, 1998 to 2004
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2005 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 13, Issue 11, pages 1905–1908, November 2005
How to Cite
Padwal, R. S. (2005), Trends in Obesity and Overweight-Related Office Visits and Drug Prescriptions in Canada, 1998 to 2004. Obesity Research, 13: 1905–1908. doi: 10.1038/oby.2005.234
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review January 26, 2005; Accepted in final form August 19, 2005
- 1World Health Organization Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health; 2004 www.who.intdietphysicalactivitypublicationsfactsobesityen. Accessed April 2005.
- 4Statistics Canada The Daily: Canadian Community Health Survey: Obesity Rates up Slightly; 2004. http:www.statcan.caDailyEnglish040615d040615b.htm. Accessed December 23, 2004.
- 122004) Fighting obesity: a call to arms. Can J Public Health 95: 12–15.(
- 16National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Obesity Education Initiative (1998) Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: the Evidence Report U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute: Bethesda, MD.
- 17U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2001) The Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Office of the Surgeon General: Rockville, MD.
- 19Expert Panel on the Identification, Evaluation and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults (1998) Executive summary of the clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Arch Int Med. 158: 1855–1887.
- 27Medical News Today Data Demonstrate Impact of Weight Loss with Sibutramine on Cardiovascular Risk Factors for Obese Patients http:www.medicalnewstoday.comindex.phpnewsid8859. Accessed April 2005.