Weight Loss Strategies for Obese Adults: Personalized Weight Management Program vs. Standard Care
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2006 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 14, Issue 10, pages 1777–1788, October 2006
How to Cite
Byrne, N. M., Meerkin, J. D., Laukkanen, R., Ross, R., Fogelholm, M. and Hills, A. P. (2006), Weight Loss Strategies for Obese Adults: Personalized Weight Management Program vs. Standard Care. Obesity, 14: 1777–1788. doi: 10.1038/oby.2006.205
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review November 08, 2005, Accepted in final from July 14, 2006
- 41992) Predictors of attrition and weight loss in patients treated by moderate and severe caloric restriction In: Wadden, TA VanItallie, TB eds. Treatment of the Seriously Obese Patient 383–410. The Guilford Press New York., (
- 14Australian Government Department of Health and Aging Australian National Physical Activity Guidelines http:www.health.gov.auinternetwcmspublishing.nsfContenthealthpubhlth-publicat-document-physguide-cnt.htm (Accessed October 16, 2002).
- 152003) Doctor's Pocket Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter Family Health Publications Nedlands WA, Australia.(
- 171985) An Introduction to Borg's RPE-Scale Movement Publications New York.(
- 191990) Analytical Methods for the Meaurement of Human Performance: Human Performance Laboratory Ball State University Muncie, IN., (
- 21World Health Organization. (2000) The Asia-Pacific Perspective: Redefining Obesity and Its Treatment Health Communications Australia Canberra, Australia.
- 27U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (1996) Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion Atlanta, GA.
- 282002) Behavioral weight control. Wadden, TA Stunkard, AJ eds. Handbook of Obesity Treatment 301–316. Guilford Press New York.(
- 33American College of Sports Medicine. (2005) ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription 7th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Baltimore, MD.