Factors Affecting Prevalence of Overweight Among 12- to 17-year-old Urban Adolescents in Hyderabad, India
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2007 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 15, Issue 6, pages 1384–1390, June 2007
How to Cite
Laxmaiah, A., Nagalla, B., Vijayaraghavan, K. and Nair, M. (2007), Factors Affecting Prevalence of Overweight Among 12- to 17-year-old Urban Adolescents in Hyderabad, India. Obesity, 15: 1384–1390. doi: 10.1038/oby.2007.165
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review May 24, 2006, Accepted in final from November 27, 2006
- 72005) Pattern of chronic diseases amongst adolescent obese children in developing countries. Curr Sci. 88: 1052–1056., , (
- 10The private sector serving the educational needs of the poor: a case study from India. http:www.ncl.ac.ukegwestpdfs (Accessed October 5, 2006)., .
- 111988) Assessment of Nutritional Status of the Community World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland.(
- 13National Council for Applied and Economic Research (2001) National Human Development Report 2001 Oxford University Press Oxford, UK.
- 15National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau (2002) Diet and Nutritional Status of Rural Population National Institute of Nutrition, Indian Council of Medical Research Hyderabad, India.
- 171997) Prevalence of overweight and obesity among school children aged between 7–16 years amongst the 3 major ethnic groups in Kuala Lampur, Malaysia. Asia Pacif J Clin Nutr. 6: 172–174.(
- 191995) Fat cell number and size as a determinant of subsequent obesity Winick, M. eds.. Childhood Obesity John Wiley and Sons New York.(