The costs of publication of this article were defrayed, in part, by the payment of page charges. This article must, therefore, be hereby marked “advertisement” in accordance with 18 U.S.C. Section 1734 solely to indicate this fact.
Predictive Value of Weight-for-Age to Identify Overweight Children
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2007 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 15, Issue 12, pages 3106–3112, December 2007
How to Cite
Stettler, N., Zomorrodi, A. and Posner, J. C. (2007), Predictive Value of Weight-for-Age to Identify Overweight Children. Obesity, 15: 3106–3112. doi: 10.1038/oby.2007.370
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received for review August 29, 2006, Accepted in final from April 12, 2007
- 1World Health Organization (2000) WHO Consultation on Obesity (1999). Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Report of a WHO consultation World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland. [WHO Technical Report Series 894].
- 22005) Preventing Childhood Obesity: Health in the Balance Committee on Prevention of Obesity in Children and Youth, National Academy Press, U.S. Institute of Medicine Washington, DC., , (
- 32002) Measurement and definition Burniat, W. eds.. Child and Adolescent Obesity: Causes and Consequences, Prevention and Management 3–27. Cambridge University Press Cambridge U.K.., (
- 42002) The adult health consequences of childhood obesity Chen, C. Dietz, WH. eds.. Obesity in Childhood and Adolescence 296 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Philadelphia, PA., , (
- 7WHO Expert Committee on Physical Status (1995) Physical Status: The Use and Interpretation of Anthropometry. Report of a WHO Expert Committee World Health Organization Geneva, Switzerland.
- 92000) CDC growth charts: United States. Advance Data 314: 1–27., , , et al. (
- 12National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey Data Sets and Related Documentation http:www.cdc.govnchsaboutmajornhanesdatalink.htm (Accessed November 28, 2006).
- 131990) Anthropometric Standards for the Assessment of Growth and Nutritional Status University of Michigan Press Ann Arbor, MI.(
- 142006) Fundamentals of Biostatistics 6th ed. Thomson-Brooks/Cole Belmont, CA.(