The Lifetime Medical Cost Burden of Overweight and Obesity: Implications for Obesity Prevention
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2008 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 16, Issue 8, pages 1843–1848, August 2008
How to Cite
Finkelstein, E. A., Trogdon, J. G., Brown, D. S., Allaire, B. T., Dellea, P. S. and Kamal-Bahl, S. J. (2008), The Lifetime Medical Cost Burden of Overweight and Obesity: Implications for Obesity Prevention. Obesity, 16: 1843–1848. doi: 10.1038/oby.2008.290
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received January 07, 2008; Accepted March 07, 2008
- 1Centers for Disease Control. Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity Among Adults: United States, 2003–2004. < http:www.cdc.govnchsproductspubspubdhestatsoverweightoverwght_adult_03.htm > (2007). Accessed 23 October 2007.
- 2The impact of obesity on rising medical spending. Health Aff (Millwood) 2004; W4: 480–486., , , .
- 10The health and cost consequences of obesity among the future elderly. Health Affairs (Millwood) 2005; 24 (Suppl 2):W5R30–W5R41., , .
- 13Individual and Aggregate Years of Life Lost Associated with Overweight and Obesity. RTI International working paper currently under review for publication, 2008., , , , .
- 16National medical spending attributable to overweight and obesity: how much and who's paying? Health Aff (Millwood) 2003; W3: 219–226., , .
- 17The costs of obesity among full-time employees. Am J Health Promot 2005; 20: 45–51., , .
- 19Bureau of Labor Statistics. Job opening and labor turnover. < http:www.bls.govnews.releasejolts.toc.htm > (2006).Accessed 7 July 2006.
- 20Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employee tenure. < http:www.bls.govnews.releasepdftenure.pdf > (2006).Accessed 7 July 2006.