Teasing, Disordered Eating Behaviors, and Psychological Morbidities Among Overweight Adolescents
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2008 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Special Issue: Weight Bias: New Science on a Significant Social Problem
Volume 16, Issue S2, pages S24–S29, November 2008
How to Cite
Libbey, H. P., Story, M. T., Neumark-Sztainer, D. R. and Boutelle, K. N. (2008), Teasing, Disordered Eating Behaviors, and Psychological Morbidities Among Overweight Adolescents. Obesity, 16: S24–S29. doi: 10.1038/oby.2008.455
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- 10A three-year longitudinal study of body image, eating disturbance, and general psychological functioning in adolescent females. Eat Disord 1994; 2: 114–125., .
- 13CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 2002; 11: 1–190., , et al.
- 16The CES-D scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population. Appl Psychol Meas 1977; 1: 385–401..
- 17Measuring anxiety, anger, depression, and curiosity as emotional states and personality traits with the STAI, STAXI, and STPI. In: Hersen M., Hilsenroth MJ, Segal DL (eds). Comprehensive Handbook of Psychological Assessment. Wiley & Sons, Inc.: Hoboken, NJ, 2003, pp 70–85., .
- 19Society and the Adolescent Self-Image. Princeton University Press: Princeton, NJ, 1965..
- 21Lohman T., Roche A., Martorell R. (eds). Anthropometric Standardization Reference Manual. Human Kinetics Books: Champaign, IL, 1991.
- 24A comparison of the binge eating scale, questionnaire for eating and weight patterns-revised, and eating disorder examination questionnaire with instructions with the eating disorder examination in the assessment of binge eating disorder and its symptoms. Int J Eat Disord 2004; 36: 434–444., , , , .
- 25Preliminary manual for the State-Trait Personality Inventory (STPI). In: Center for Research in Behavioral Medicine and Health Psychology, PCD 4118G. University of South Florida: Tampa, 1979..