Weight Loss Surgery Eligibility According to Various BMI Criteria Among Adolescents
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2009 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 17, Issue 1, pages 150–155, January 2009
How to Cite
Lenders, C. M., Wright, J. A., Apovian, C. M., Hess, D. T., Shukla, R. R., Adams, W. G. and Lee, K. (2009), Weight Loss Surgery Eligibility According to Various BMI Criteria Among Adolescents. Obesity, 17: 150–155. doi: 10.1038/oby.2008.477
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received March 12, 2008; Accepted May 24, 2008
- 10Best practice updates for pediatric/adolescent weight loss surgery. Obesity, in press., , et al.
- 11WHO Expert Committee on Physical Status: the Use and Interpretation of Anthropometry. World Health Organization: Geneva, 1995. World Health Organization Technical Report Series; 854.
- 12NHLBI Expert Panel on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: the evidence report. Obes Res 1998; 6 (Suppl 2):S51–S209.
- 26CDC National Center for Health Statistics, 2000. CDC growth charts: United States. Percentile Datafile with LMS values. <http:www.cdc.gov> Accessed 31 May 2007.
- 29A clinical guide to pediatric ambulatory weight management. In: Apovian C, Lenders C (eds). A Clinical Guide for Management of Overweight and Obese Children and Adults. CRC press: Boca Raton, FL, 2006, pp 197–238., , .
- 30Koplan JF, Liverman CT, Kraak VA (eds). Committee on prevention of obesity in children and youth. Preventing Childhood Obesity: Health in the Balance. Institute of Medicine. The National Academy Press: Washington, DC, 2004.
- 34Lehman Center Weight Loss Surgery Expert Panel. Commonwealth of Massachusetts Betsy Lehman Center for Patient Safety and Medical Error Reduction Expert Panel on Weight Loss Surgery: executive report. Obes Res, in press.