The Association of Obesity and Cervical Cancer Screening: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2009 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 17, Issue 2, pages 375–381, February 2009
How to Cite
Maruthur, N. M., Bolen, S. D., Brancati, F. L. and Clark, J. M. (2009), The Association of Obesity and Cervical Cancer Screening: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Obesity, 17: 375–381. doi: 10.1038/oby.2008.480
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received May 14, 2008; Accepted June 07, 2008
- 1Screening for squamous cervical cancer: Duration of low risk after negative results of cervical cytology and its implication for screening policies. IARC working group on evaluation of cervical cancer screening programmes. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed) 1986; 293: 659–664.
- 3Screening for cervical cancer: Recommendations and rationale. <http:www.ahrq.govclinic3rduspstfcervcancervcanrr.htm>.
- 6Nonadherence to breast and cervical cancer screening: What are the linkages to chronic disease risk? Prev Chronic Dis 2004; 1: A04., , , .
- 9Associations between obesity and receipt of screening mammography, Papanicolaou tests, and influenza vaccination: Results from the Health and Retirement Study (HRS) and the Asset and Health Dynamics among the Oldest Old (AHEAD) study. Am J Public Health 2005; 95: 1623–1630., , , .
- 12United States cancer statistics: 1999–2003 incidence and mortality web-based report. Atlanta: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Cancer Institute. <www.cdc.govuscs>.
- 13STROBE statement: Checklist of essential items version 3 (September 2005). <http:www.strobe-statement.orgPDFSTROBE-Checklist-Version3.pdf>.
- 15World Health Organization. Obesity: preventing and managing the global epidemic. part 1: The problem of overweight and obesity. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2004. Report No.: 894.
- 16NHLBI Obesity Education Intiative Panel on the Identification, Treatment, and Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Clinical guidelines on the identification, treatment, and management of overweight and obesity in adults. the evidence report. National Institutes of Health; 1998. Report No: 98–4083.
- 18Deeks JJ, Higgins JPT, Altman DG, editors. Analyzing and presenting results. In: Higgins JPT, Green S (eds). Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions 4.2.5, Section 8C, Wiley: Chichester, UK, 2005.