Healthy Living Cambridge Kids: A Community-based Participatory Effort to Promote Healthy Weight and Fitness
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2010 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Special Issue: Community-based Approaches to Childhood Obesity: Research Progress and Future Directions
Volume 18, Issue S1, pages S45–S53, February 2010
How to Cite
Chomitz, V. R., McGowan, R. J., Wendel, J. M., Williams, S. A., Cabral, H. J., King, S. E., Olcott, D. B., Cappello, M., Breen, S. and Hacker, K. A. (2010), Healthy Living Cambridge Kids: A Community-based Participatory Effort to Promote Healthy Weight and Fitness. Obesity, 18: S45–S53. doi: 10.1038/oby.2009.431
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- 10Interventions for preventing obesity in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005; 20: CD001871., , et al.
- 12Koplan JP, Liverman CT, Kraak VI (eds.). Preventing Childhood Obesity. Health in the Balance. The National Academies Press: Washington, DC, 2005.
- 19What predicts outcomes in CBPR? In: Minkler M, Wallerstein N (eds.). Community-Based Participatory Research for Health. 2nd edn. John Wiley & Sons: San Francisco, CA, 2008, pp 371–392., , et al.
- 20US Census. Cambridge's Page <http:factfinder.census.govhomesaffmain.html_langen> U.S. Census, 2000, Accessed March 2009.
- 21Massachusetts Department of Education <http:profiles.doe.mass.eduprofilesstudent.aspxorgcode00490000&orgtypecode5&>. Accessed July 2009.
- 22National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Division of Adolescent and School Health Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance Survey. Healthy youth: YRBSS 2009 Questionnaires and Item Rationale. (Online). 2008 July 1 <http:www.cdc.govHealthyYouthyrbsquestionnaire_rationale.htm> (cited 3 April 2009).
- 23Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC Growth Charts. <http:www.cdc.govnchsaboutmajornhanesgrowthcharts>. Accessed March, 2009.
- 24US Department of Agriculture. Nutrition and Your Health: Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2005. (Online). <http:www.health.govdietaryguidelinesdga2005documentpdfDGA2005.pdf> (cited 27 March 2009).
- 26US Department of Health and Human Services, Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans <http:www.health.govpaguidelinesguidelinessummary.aspx>. Accessed March 2009.
- 30Action for Healthy Kids. Wellness Policy Tool. <http:www.actionforhealthykids.orgwellnesstoolindex.php>. Accessed 2005.
- 31WIC Regulations, Federal Register, Code of Federal Regulations, 7 C.F.R. Part 246. <http:www.access.gpo.govnaracfrwaisidx_087cfr246_08.html>
- 32Guidelines for Collecting Heights and Weights on Children and Adolescents in School Settings. Center of Weight and Health University of California at: Berkeley, CA, 2000., .
- 34Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: summary report. Pediatrics 2007; 120 (Suppl 4): S254–S288..
- 35President's Challenge. Physical Fitness Test. (Online). 2006 <http:www.presidentschallenge.orgeducatorsprogram_detailsphysical_fitness_test.aspx> (cited 27 March 2009).
- 36Fitness Testing. Cooper Institute. <http:www.cooperinst.orgftgmain.asp>. Accessed 20 September 2006.
- 38National School Meal Program. US Department of Agriculture. Food and Nutrition Service. <http:www.fns.usda.govcndgovernancenoticesiegsIEGs04-05.pdf>. Accessed 10 July 2006.
- 39Assessment of Childhood and Adolescent obesity in Arkansas <http:www.achi.netcurrent_initiativesBMI_InfoDocs2007Results07ACHI_2007_BMI_Online_State_Report.pdf>. Accessed March 2009.