Variability in Waist Circumference Measurements According to Anatomic Measurement Site
Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
2009 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 17, Issue 9, pages 1789–1795, September 2009
How to Cite
Mason, C. and Katzmarzyk, P. T. (2009), Variability in Waist Circumference Measurements According to Anatomic Measurement Site. Obesity, 17: 1789–1795. doi: 10.1038/oby.2009.87
- Issue online: 6 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received 5 January 2009; accepted 1 March 2009
- 2International Diabetes Federation: The IDF consensus worldwide definition of the metabolic syndrome. <http:www.idf.orgwebdatadocsMetabolic_syndrome_definition.pdf>. Accessed 2 November 2007.
- 3Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation, and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults: executive Summary. Expert Panel on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight in Adults. Am J Clin Nutr 1998; 68: 899–917.
- 5National Health and Medical Research Council. Clinical practice guidelines for the management of overweight and obesity in adults 2003. <http:www.health.gov.auinternetmainpublishing.nsfContentobesityguidelines-guidelines-adults.htm>. Accessed 8 December 2008.
- 9World Health Organization. Obesity: Preventing and Managing the Global Epidemic. Technical Report Series no. 894. Geneva: World Health Organization, 2000.
- 10Office of Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Canadian Guidelines for body weight classification in adults. Health Canada: Ottawa <http:www.hc-sc.gc.cahpfbsaonpp-bppncg_bwc_introduction_e.html> (2003).