Intensive Lifestyle Intervention Improves Physical Function Among Obese Adults With Knee Pain: Findings From the Look AHEAD Trial
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2011 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 83–93, January 2011
How to Cite
Foy, C. G., Lewis, C. E., Hairston, K. G., Miller, G. D., Lang, W., Jakicic, J. M., Rejeski, W. J., Ribisl, P. M., Walkup, M. P., Wagenknecht, L. E. and For the Look AHEAD Research Group (2011), Intensive Lifestyle Intervention Improves Physical Function Among Obese Adults With Knee Pain: Findings From the Look AHEAD Trial. Obesity, 19: 83–93. doi: 10.1038/oby.2010.120
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received 14 February 2010; accepted 28 April 2010
- 15Beck Depression Inventory-II. Psychological: San Antonio, TX, 1996., , .
- 17Sobel ME. Asymptotic confidence intervals for indirect effects in structural equation models. In: Leinhardt S (ed). Sociological Methodology 1982. American Sociological Association: Washington, DC, 1982, pp 290–312.
- 19Exercise for osteoarthritis of the knee. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008;(4):CD004376., .
- 28Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Prentice-Hall: Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1986..
- 33Effects of weight loss and sodium reduction intervention on blood pressure and hypertension incidence in overweight people with high-normal blood pressure. The Trials of Hypertension Prevention, phase II. The Trials of Hypertension Prevention Collaborative Research Group. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:657–667.
- 34US Department of Health and Human Services. 2008 physical activity guidelines for Americans <http:www.health.govpaguidelinesguidelinesdefault.aspx> (2008). Accessed 29 March 2010.
- 36National Heart LaBI. Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: The Evidence Report. National Institutes of Health: Bethesda, MD, 1998.