Economic Impact of the Clinical Benefits of Bariatric Surgery in Diabetes Patients With BMI ≥35 kg/m2
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2011 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 581–587, March 2011
How to Cite
Klein, S., Ghosh, A., Cremieux, P. Y., Eapen, S. and McGavock, T. J. (2011), Economic Impact of the Clinical Benefits of Bariatric Surgery in Diabetes Patients With BMI ≥35 kg/m2. Obesity, 19: 581–587. doi: 10.1038/oby.2010.199
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received 5 May 2010; accepted 19 July 2010
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Diabetes Fact Sheet: general information and national estimates on diabetes in the United States, 2007. Atlanta, GA: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease and Prevention, 2008.
- 2The chronic burden of diabetes. Am J Manag Care 2009;15:S248–S254., .
- 6The health care cost effects of diabetes among obese and morbidly obese adults in the United States. Poster presented at International Society of Pharmacoeconomic Outcomes Research (ISPOR) 13th Annual International meeting, Toronto, ON, Canada., , , .
- 13American Society for Bariatric Surgery Web site. Guidelines for Granting Privileges in Bariatric Surgery. <http:www.asbs.orghtmlguidelines.html>. Accessed 15 August 2007.
- 19Swedish Obese Subjects Intervention Study. Pharmaceutical costs in obese individuals: comparison with a randomly selected population sample and long-term changes after conventional and surgical treatment: the SOS intervention study. Arch Intern Med 2002;162:2061–2069., , et al.;
- 21Bariatric surgery may cure type 2 diabetes in some patients. <http:my.clevelandclinic.orgbariatric_surgeryDocumentsMicrosoft20Word2020Diabetes_pts_info2_response20to206020minutes.pdf>. Accessed 23 November 2009., , , .