Family Functioning and Obesity Risk Behaviors: Implications for Early Obesity Intervention
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2011 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 19, Issue 6, pages 1252–1258, June 2011
How to Cite
Li Wen, M., Simpson, J. M., Baur, L. A., Rissel, C. and Flood, V. M. (2011), Family Functioning and Obesity Risk Behaviors: Implications for Early Obesity Intervention. Obesity, 19: 1252–1258. doi: 10.1038/oby.2010.285
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received 11 May 2010; accepted 18 October 2010
- 1NSW Department of Health. The Start of Good Health — Improving the health of children in NSW. Sydney: NSW Department of Health, Australia, 1999.
- 2Strengthening Aboriginal family functioning: What works and why? AFRC Briefing No. 7, 2008, Australian Family Relationships Clearinghouse, Published by Australian Institute of Family Studies ISSN 1834–2434. Available online at: http:www.aifs.gov.auafrcpubsbriefingbriefing7.html (accessed 22 November 2009)., .
- 3Indicators of Social and Family Functioning. Department of Family and Community Services. Commonwealth of Australia 2000., , , .
- 4Western Australian Child Health Survey 1993—Developing Health and Wellbeing into the Nineties. Australian Bureau of Statistics and the Institute for Child Health Research: Perth, Western Australia, 1995., , et al.
- 7Parent-adolescent communication and support for diabetes management as reported by adolescents with type 1 diabetes. Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 2003;26:145–158., , , .
- 18Australian Bureau of Statistics: Overweight and Obesity in Adults, Australia 2004–2005. <http:www.abs.gov.auausstatsabs@.nsfmf4719.0> 25 January 2008.
- 192007 Australian National Children's Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey <http:www.health.gov.auinternetmainpublishing.nsfContent66596E8FC68FD1A3CA2574D50027DB86Filechildrens-nut-phys-survey.pdf> (2007).
- 23Centre for Epidemiology and Research, NSW Department of Health. New South Wales Adult Health Survey 2003. NSW Public Health Bull 2004;15 (S-4).
- 25Centre for Epidemiology and Research. 2006 Report on Adult Health from New South Wales Population Health Survey. NSW Department of Health, Australia, 2007.
- 26Evaluation of short dietary questions from the 1995 National Nutritional Survey. Australian Food and Nutrition Monitoring Unit, the Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care: Commonwealth of Australia 2001., , ,
- 272001. Comparison of Short Question with Weighed Dietary Records. Australian Food and Nutrition Monitoring Unit, Commonwealth Department of Health and Aged Care, Canberra., , .
- 28StataCorp. 2007, Stata Statistical Software: Release 10. Colleague Station, TX: StataCorp LP.
- 29Australian Institute of Health and Welfare 2006. Chronic Diseases and Associated Risk factors in Australian 2006. Risk factors across the life course. Chapter 3. p: 13–26. Cat.no. PHE 81. Canberra: AIHW.
- 31FACES-III. Family and Social Science, University of Minnesota: Minneapolis, MN, 1985., , .
- 32Family Environment Scale Manual: Development, Applications, Research, 3rd edn. Consulting Psychologists Press: Palo Alto, CA, 1994., .
- 33FAM-III Manual. North Tonawanda, NY: Multi-Health Systems, 1995., , .
- 34Intention to breastfeed and awareness of health recommendations: findings from first-time mothers in southwest Sydney, Australia. Int Breastfeed J 2009;4:9., , , , .