Observations of Marketing on Food Packaging Targeted to Youth in Retail Food Stores
Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
2011 North American Association for the Study of Obesity (NAASO)
Volume 19, Issue 9, pages 1898–1900, September 2011
How to Cite
Grigsby-Toussaint, D. S., Moise, I. K. and Geiger, S. D. (2011), Observations of Marketing on Food Packaging Targeted to Youth in Retail Food Stores. Obesity, 19: 1898–1900. doi: 10.1038/oby.2011.120
- Issue published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Article first published online: 6 SEP 2012
- Received 1 August 2010; accepted 30 March 2011
- 4Institute of Medicine (U.S.), Committee on Health Food Marketing and the Diets of Children and Youth. Food Marketing to Children and Youth: Threat or Opportunity? National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 2005.
- 6Federal Trade Commission. Marketing food to children and adolescents: a review of industry expenditures, activities, and self-regulation. Federal Trade Commission: Washington, DC, July 2008 <http:www.ftc.govos200807P064504foodmktingreport.pdf>. Accessed 25 August 2008.
- 8Children's influences on in-store purchases. J Retailing Consum Serv 2009;16:145–154., , .
- 11Population profile of the United States, US Census Bureau <http:www.census.gov> (2008). Accessed January 2010.
- 13It's Child Play: Advergaming and the Online Marketing of Food to Children. Kaiser Family Foundation: Menlo Park, CA, July 2006 <http:www.kff.orgentmediaentmedia071906pkg.cfm>. Accessed 15 January 2008..
- 14Children's exposure to food advertising on television: A side-by-side comparison of results from recent studies by the Federal Trade Commission and the Kaiser Family Foundation. Kasier Family Foundation: Menlo Park, CA, June 2007. <http:www.kff.orgentmediaupload7654.pdf>. Accessed 15 January 2008.