Systems analysis of RNA trafficking in neural cells
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
2005 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Biology of the Cell
Volume 97, Issue 1, pages 51–62, January 2005
How to Cite
Carson, J. H. and Barbarese, E. (2005), Systems analysis of RNA trafficking in neural cells. Biology of the Cell, 97: 51–62. doi: 10.1042/BC20040083
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received 21 July 2004, Accepted 7 September 2004
References: Articles of special interest
- Transport and localization of exogenous myelin basic protein mRNA microinjected into oligodenrocytes J. Cell Biol. 1993 123 431–441.
- Intracellular trafficking of hnRNP A2 in oligodendrocytes Exp. Cell Res. 2002 279 310–320.
- RNA trafficking in myelinating cells Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 1998 8 607–612.
- The balance of power in RNA trafficking Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2001a 11 558–563.
- RNA trafficking in oligodendrocytes Results Probl. Cell Differ. 2001b 34 69–81.
- Nuclear export of mRNA: from the site of transcription to the cytoplasm Exp. Cell Res. 2004 296 12–20.
- Facilitation of dendritic mRNA transport by CPEB Genes Dev. 2003 17 638–653.
- Dis1/TOG universal microtubule adaptors – one MAP for all? J. Cell Sci. 2001 114 3805–3812.
- The cis-acting RNA trafficking signal from myelin basic protein mRNA and its cognate trans-acting ligand hnRNP A2 function to enhance cap-dependent translation J. Cell Biol. 1999 147 247–256.
- Fluorescence correlation spectroscopy and quantitative cell biology Differentiation 2004 72 1–10.
- RNA trafficking signals in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Mol. Cell. Biol.. 2000 21 2133–2143.
- Lipoxygenase mRNA silencing in erythroid differentiation: the 3′UTR regulatory complex controls 60 S ribosomal subunit joining Cell (Cambridge, Mass.) 2001 104 281–290.
- Control of mRNA translation and stability in hematopoietic cells: the function of hnRNPs K and E1/E2 Biol. Cell. 2004 96 407–411.
- nhRNP proteins: localization and transport between the nucleus and the cytoplasm Trends Cell Biol 1993 3 151–155.
- pH microdomains in oligodendrocytes J. Biol. Chem.. 2004 279 37115–37123.
- Binding of an RNA trafficking response element to heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins A1 and A2 J. Biol. Chem.. 2000 275 38286–38295.
- A molecular mechanism for mRNA trafficking in neuronal dendrites J. Neurosci. 2003 23 8859–8866.
- Transportin-mediated nuclear import of heterogeneous nuclear RNP proteins J. Cell Biol. 1997 138 1181–1192.
- Computational cell biology: spatiotemporal simulation of cellular events Annu. Rev. Biophys. Biomol. Struct. 2002 31 423–441.
- Light chain-dependent regulation of kinesin's interaction with microtubules J. Cell Biol. 1998 143 1053–1066.