Expression pattern of the Brachyury and Tbx2 homologues from the sponge Suberites domuncula
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
2005 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Biology of the Cell
Volume 97, Issue 8, pages 641–650, August 2005
How to Cite
Adell, T. and Müller, W. E.G. (2005), Expression pattern of the Brachyury and Tbx2 homologues from the sponge Suberites domuncula. Biology of the Cell, 97: 641–650. doi: 10.1042/BC20040135
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received 25 November 2004, Accepted 22 December 2004
- Isolation and characterization of two T-box genes from sponges, the phylogenetically oldest metazoan taxon Dev. Genes Evol. 2003a 213 421–434.
- Polarity factor ‘Frizzled’ in the demosponge Suberites domuncula: identification, expression and localization of the receptor in the epithelium/pinacoderm FEBS Lett. 2003b 554 363–368.
- Evolution of mouse T-box genes by tandem duplication and cluster dispersion Genetics 1996 144 249–254.
- T-box gene tbx5 is essential for formation of the pectoral limb bud Nature (London) 2002 417 754–758.
- Evolution of the bilaterian larval foregut Nature (London) 2001 409 81–85.
- The spectrum of mutations in TBX3: genotype/phenotype relationship in ulnar-mammary syndrome Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1999 64 1550–1562. , et al.,
- Facilitated nuclear transport of histone H1 and other small nucleophilic proteins Cell (Cambridge, Mass.) 1990 60 999–1008.
- The maternally expressed zebrafish T-box gene eomesodermin regulates organizer formation Development 2003 130 5503–5517.
- Genomic structure of TBX2 indicates conservation with distantly related T-box genes Mamm. Genome 1998 9 70–73.
- Isolation and characterization of a gene from the DiGeorge chromosomal region homologous to the mouse Tbx1 gene Genomics 1997 43 267–277.
- TBX5 nuclear localization is mediated by dual cooperative intramolecular signals J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 2003 35 1191–1195.
- Inhibition of Xbra transcription activation causes defects in mesodermal patterning and reveals autoregulation of Xbra in dorsal mesoderm Development 1996 122 2427–2435.
- Characterization of a notochord-specific enhancer from the Brachyury promoter region of the ascidian, Ciona intestinalis Development 1997 124 589–602.
- Expression pattern of Brachyury in the embryo of the sea urchin Paracentrotus lividus Dev. Genes. Evol.. 2001 211 617–619.
- Coquillette, a sea urchin T-box gene of the Tbx2 subfamily, is expressed asymmetrically along the oral-aboral axis of the embryo and is involved in skeletogenesis Mech. Dev.. 2003 120 561–572.
- Functional analysis of TBX5 missense mutations associated with Holt-Oram syndrome J. Biol. Chem.. 2003 278 8780–8785.
- T-brain homologue (HpTb) is involved in the archenteron induction signals of micromere descendant cells in the sea urchin embryo Development 2002 129 5205–5216. , et al.,
- Involvement of T-box genes Tbx2-Tbx5 in vertebrate limb specification and development Development 1998 125 2499–2509.
- The role of Brachyury (T) during gastrulation movements in the sea urchin Lytechinus variegatus Dev. Biol.. 2001 239 132–147.
- LvTbx2/3: a T-box family transcription factor involved in formation of the oral/aboral axis of the sea urchin embryo Development 2003 130 1989–1999.
- Expression of Brachyury-like T-box transcription factor, Xbra3 in Xenopus embryo Dev. Genes Evol. 1999 209 560–563.
- Silberblick/Wnt11 mediates convergent extension movements during zebrafish gastrulation Nature (London) 2000 405 76–81.
- The T genes in embryogenesis Trends Genet. 1994 10 280–286.
- Cloning of the T gene required in mesoderm formation in the mouse Nature (London) 1990 343 617–622.
- Nuclear translocation and transcription regulation by the membrane-associated guanylate kinase CASK/LIN-2 Nature (London) 2000 404 298–302.
- Erratum Nature (London) 2002 417 205.
- The Brachyury gene encodes a novel DNA binding protein EMBO J. 1993 12 3211–3220.
- Immunohistochemical analysis of the Brachyury protein in wild-type and mutant mouse embryos Dev. Biol.. 1994 16 179–193.
- The T protein encoded by Brachyury is a tissue-specific transcription factor EMBO J. 1995 14 4763–4772.
- Myotrophin/V-1, a protein up-regulated in the failing human heart and in postnatal cerebellum, converts NFkappa B p50-p65 heterodimers to p50-p50 and p65-p65 homodimers J. Biol. Chem.. 2002 277 23888–23897.
- Control of cell fate and polarity in the adult abdominal segments of Drosophila by optomotor-blind Development 1997 124 3715–3726.
- Iron induces proliferation and morphogenesis in primmorphs from the marine sponge Suberites domuncula DNA Cell. Biol.. 2002 21 67–80.
- Functions for Drosophila brachyenteron and forkhead in mesoderm specification and cell signalling Development 1999 126 3991–4003.
- Cultivation of primmorphs from the marine sponge Suberites domuncula: morphogenetic potential of silicon and iron. A review J. Biotechnol. 2003 100 93–108.
- Evolution of Brachyury proteins: identification of a novel regulatory domain conserved within Bilateria Dev. Biol.. 2003 260 352–361.
- Distinct expression patterns of the two T-box homologues Brachyury and Tbx2/3 in the placozoan Trichoplax adhaerens Dev. Genes Evol. 2003 213 492–499.
- Establishment of a primary cell culture from a sponge: primmorphs from Suberites domuncula Marine Ecol. Progr. Ser.. 1999 178 205–219.
- T-box family reunion Trends Genet. 1997 13 212–213.
- T-box genes in development: from hydra to humans Int. Rev. Cytol. 2001 207 1–70.
- The T-box gene family Bioessays 1998 20 9–19.
- The T-box genes Tbx4 and Tbx5 regulate limb outgrowth and identity Nature (London) 1999 398 814–818.
- Stimulation of protein (collagen) synthesis in sponge cells by a cardiac myotrophin-related molecule from Suberites domuncula FASEB J. 2000 14 2022–2031.
- A starfish homolog of mouse Tbrain-1 is expressed in the archenteron of Asterina pectinifera embryos: possible involvement of two T-box genes in starfish gastrulation Dev. Growth Differ. 2000 42 61–68.
- T-box genes and the formation of vertebrate forelimb- and hindlimb specific pattern Cell Tissue Res. 1999 296 57–66.
- The Cell Biology of Sponges 1984 New York Springer-Verlag.
- Brachyury and the T-box genes Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev.. 1997 7 474–480.
- T-box genes: what they do and how they do it Trends Genet. 1999 15 145–158.
- Expression of a Xenopus homolog of Brachyury (T) is an immediate-early response to mesoderm induction Cell (Cambridge, Mass.) 1991 67 79–87.
- Conservation of Brachyury, Mef2, and Snail in the myogenic lineage of jellyfish: a connection to the mesoderm of bilateria Dev. Biol.. 2002 244 372–384.
- Xwnt11 is a target of Xenopus Brachyury: regulation of gastrulation movements via Dishevelled, but not through the canonical Wnt pathway Development 2000 127 2227–2238.
- T-targets: clues to understanding the functions of T-box proteins Dev. Growth Differ. 2001 43 1–11.
- Novel pattern of Brachyury gene expression in hemichordate embryos Mech. Dev.. 1998 75 139–143.
- Molecular studies of hemichordate development: a key to understanding the evolution of bilateral animals and chordates Evol. Dev.. 2001 3 443–454.
- Conserved expression control and shared activity between cognate T-box genes Tbx2 and Tbx3 in connection with sonic hedgehog signaling during Xenopus eye development Dev. Growth Differ. 2002 44 257–271.
- Tbx5 and Tbx4 genes determine the wing/leg identity of limb buds Nature (London) 1999 398 810–814.
- Tbx5 and Tbx4 trigger limb initiation through activation of the Wnt/Fgf signaling cascade Development 2003 130 2729–2739.
- Brachyury, the blastopore and the evolution of the mesoderm Bioessays 2001 23 788–794.
- HyBra1, a Brachyury homologue, acts during head formation in Hydra Development 1999 126 999–1010.
- Combined analysis of genomic and primary protein structure defines the phylogenetic relationship of new members of the T-box family Genomics 1998 48 24–33.
- Expression pattern of the mouse T gene and its role in mesoderm formation Nature (London) 1990 343 657–659.
- Expression of chick Tbx-2, Tbx-3, and Tbx-5 genes during early heart development: evidence for BMP2 induction of Tbx2 Dev. Biol.. 2000 228 95–105.
- Function of vertebrate T gene Nature (London) 1993 364 582–583.