Alternative trans-splicing: a novel mode of pre-mRNA processing
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
2006 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Biology of the Cell
Volume 98, Issue 2, pages 135–140, February 2006
How to Cite
Horiuchi, T. and Aigaki, T. (2006), Alternative trans-splicing: a novel mode of pre-mRNA processing. Biology of the Cell, 98: 135–140. doi: 10.1042/BC20050002
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received 26 April 2005, Accepted 3 May 2005
- Trans-splicing of a voltage-gated sodium channel is regulated by nerve growth factor FEBS Lett. 1999 445 177–182.
- Priess J.R. C. elegans II 1997 Cold Spring Harbor Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory 117–146.
- Enhancer-dependent interaction between 5′ and 3′ splice sites in trans Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1995 92 7056–7059.
- Natural trans-splicing in carnitine octanoyltransferase pre-mRNAs in rat liver Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1998 95 12185–12190.
- Novel alternative splicing and nuclear localization of human RGS12 gene products J. Biol. Chem.. 2000 275 29660–29671.
- Lola regulates midline crossing of CNS axons in Drosophila Development 2002 129 1317–1325.
- The modifier of mdg4 locus in Drosophila: functional complexity is resolved by trans splicing Genetica 2003 117 165–177.
- Transgene analysis proves mRNA trans-splicing at the complex mod(mdg4) locus in Drosophila Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2001 98 9724–9729.
- Experimental evidence for RNA trans-splicing in mammalian cells EMBO J. 1995 14 3226–3235.
- Intergenic mRNA molecules resulting from trans-splicing J. Biol. Chem.. 2002 277 5882–5890.
- Natural trans-spliced mRNAs are generated from the human estrogen receptor-α (hERα) gene J. Biol. Chem.. 2002 277 26244–26251.
- Exon repetition in mRNA Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1999 96 5400–5405.
- Trans-splicing of the mod(mdg4) complex locus is conserved between the distantly related species Drosophila melanogaster and D. virilis Genetics 2005 169 723–736.
- lola encodes a putative transcription factor required for axon growth and guidance in Drosophila Development 1994 120 1385–1398.
- Alternative splicing of lola generates 19 transcription factors controlling axon guidance in Drosophila Nat. Neurosci. 2003 6 917–924.
- Genomic organization of the mouse Msh4 gene producing bicistronic, chimeric and antisense mRNA Gene 2004 342 165–177.
- Alternative trans-splicing of constant and variable exons of a Drosophila axon guidance gene, lola Genes Dev. 2003 17 2496–2501.
- Trans-splicing of mRNA precursors in vitro Cell 1985 42 165–171.
- Evolution of the trans-splicing Drosophila locus mod(mdg4) in several species of Diptera and Lepidoptera Gene 2004 331 165–176.
- Protein encoding by both DNA strands Nature 2001 409 1000.
- Human acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) gene organization and evidence that the 4.3-kilobase ACAT-1 mRNA is produced from two different chromosomes J. Biol. Chem.. 1999 274 11060–11071. , et al.,
- LOLA has the properties of a master regulator of axon-target interaction for SNb motor axons of Drosophila Dev. Biol.. 1999 213 301–313.
- An extensive network of coupling among gene expression machines Nature (London) 2002 416 499–506.
- Alternative pre-mRNA splicing and proteome expansion in metazoans Nature (London) 2002 418 236–243.
- Trans-splicing as a novel mechanism to explain interallelic complementation in Drosophila Genetics 2002 160 1481–1487.
- Krainer A.R. Eukaryotic mRNA processing Frontiers in Molecular Biology 1997 Oxford IRL 310–334.
- Drosophila lola encodes a family of BTB-transcription regulators with highly variable C-terminal domains containing zinc finger motifs Gene 2003 311 59–69.
- A unified theory of gene expression Cell 2002 108 439–451.
- Active genes dynamically colocalize to shared sites of ongoing transcription Nat. Genet. 2004 36 1065–1071.
- Integrating mRNA processing with transcription Cell 2002 108 501–512.
- Exon repetition: a major pathway for processing mRNA of some genes is allele-specific Nucleic Acids Res. 2004 32 441–446.
- Trans splicing of mRNA precursors Cell 1985 42 157–164.
- Trans-splicing repair of CD40 ligand deficiency results in naturally regulated correction of a mouse model of hyper-IgM X-linked immunodeficiency Nat. Med.. 2004 10 835–841.
- Heterogeneous Sp1 mRNAs in human HepG2 cells include a product of homotypic trans-splicing J. Biol. Chem.. 2000 275 38067–38072.
- Promoter choice determines splice site selection in protocadherin alpha and gamma pre-mRNA splicing Mol. Cell. 2002 10 21–33.
- Human acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 (acat1) sequences located in two different chromosomes (7 and 1) are required to produce a novel ACAT1 isoenzyme with additional sequence at the N-terminus J. Biol. Chem.. 2004 279 46253–46262. , et al.,