Modelling the effect of specific inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor isoforms on cellular Ca2+ signals
Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
2006 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Biology of the Cell
Volume 98, Issue 3, pages 171–182, March 2006
How to Cite
Dupont, G. and Combettes, L. (2006), Modelling the effect of specific inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor isoforms on cellular Ca2+ signals. Biology of the Cell, 98: 171–182. doi: 10.1042/BC20050032
- Issue published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received 1 June 2005; accepted 20 July 2005
- The versatility and universality of calcium signalling Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2000 1 11–21.
- Bell-shaped calcium-response curves of Ins(1,4,5)P3- and calcium-gated channels from endoplasmic reticulum of cerebellum Nature (London) 1991 351 751–754.
- Fast kinetics of calcium release induced by myo-inositol trisphosphate in permeabilized rat hepatocytes J. Biol. Chem. 1989 264 17665–17673.
- New mechanisms and functions in Ca2+ signalling Biol. Cell 2004 96 1–2.
- Isoform diversity of the inositol trisphosphate receptor in cell types of mouse origin Biochem. J. 1997 322 575–583.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate and calcium regulate the calcium channel function of the hepatic inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor J. Biol. Chem. 1997 272 2675–2681.
- One-pool model for Ca2+ oscillations involving Ca2+ and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate as co-agonists for Ca2+ release Cell Calcium 1993 14 311–322.
- Quantal release, incremental detection and long-period Ca2+ oscillations in a model based on regulatory Ca2+-binding sites along the permeation pathway Biophys. J. 1996 71 1714–1722.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor isoforms show similar Ca2+ release kinetics Cell Calcium 2001 30 245–250.
- Fall C. Marland E. Wagner J. Tyson J. Solving and analyzing dynamical systems using XPPAUT Computational Cell Biology 2002 New York Springer.
- Calcium as coagonist of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate concentrations during calcium release Science (Washington, D.C.) 1991 252 443–446.
- Expression of a truncated form of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type III in the cytosol of DT40 triple inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor-knockout cells Cell Calcium 2005 37 97–104.
- The influence of different InsP3 receptor isoforms on Ca2+ signaling in tracheal smooth muscle cells Bioelectrochemistry 2002 57 129–138.
- Type III InsP3 receptor channel stays open in the presence of increased calcium Nature (London) 1998 396 81–84.
- Distinct roles of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor types 1 and 3 in Ca2+ signalling J. Biol. Chem. 2004 279 11967–11975.
- InsP3 receptor type 2 and oscillatory and monophasic Ca2+ transients in rat adrenal chromaffin cells Cell Calcium 2003 35 59–70.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) and calcium interact to increase the dynamic range of InsP3 receptor-dependent calcium signaling J. Gen. Physiol. 1997 110 529–538.
- Agonist-dependent phosphorylation of the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor J. Gen. Physiol. 1999 113 851–871.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate activation of inositol trisphosphate receptor Ca2+ channel by ligand tuning of Ca2+ inhibition Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1998 95 15821–15825.
- ATP regulation of recombinant type 3 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor gating J. Gen. Physiol. 2001a 117 447–456.
- Regulation by Ca2+ and inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (InsP3) of single recombinant type 3 InsP3 receptor channels: Ca2+ activation uniquely distinguishes types 1 and 3 InsP3 receptors J. Gen. Physiol. 2001b 117 435–446.
- Functional properties of the type-3 InsP3 receptor in 16HBE14o− bronchial mucosal cells J. Biol. Chem. 1998 273 8983–8986.
- Encoding of Ca2+ signals by differential expression of IP3 receptor subtypes EMBO J. 1999 18 1303–1308.
- Crucial role of type 2 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors for acetylcholine-induced Ca2+ oscillations in vascular myocytes Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2003 23 1567–1575.
- Functional analysis of the green fluorescent protein-tagged inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor type 3 in Ca2+ release and entry in DT40 B-lymphocytes Biochem. J. 2004 382 793–801.
- Regulation of type 1 inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate-gated calcium channels by InsP3 and calcium J. Gen. Physiol. 1999 113 837–849.
- Inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors as signal integrators Annu. Rev. Biochem. 2004 73 437–465.
- Isoform-specific function of single inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor channels Biophys. J. 1998 75 834–839.
- Oscillatory cytosolic Ca2+ waves independent of stimulated inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate formation in hepatocytes J. Biol. Chem. 1991 266 12272–12282.
- Modelling of simple and complex calcium oscillations. From single-cell responses to intercellular signalling Eur. J. Biochem. 2002 269 1333–1355.
- A dynamic model of the type-2 inositol trisphosphate receptor Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2002 99 2398–2403.
- IP3 receptors and their regulation by calmodulin and cytosolic Ca2+ Cell Calcium 2002 32 321–334.
- Expression of inositol trisphosphate receptors Cell Calcium 1999 26 237–251.
- Subcellular distribution of the inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors: functional relevance and molecular determinants Biol. Cell 2004 96 3–18.
- Differences among type I, II, and III inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate receptors in ligand-binding affinity influence the sensitivity of calcium stores to inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate Mol. Pharmacol. 1998 53 656–662.
- Modulation of Ca2+ oscillations by phosphorylation of Ins(1,4,5)P3 receptors Biochem. Soc. Trans. 2003 31 954–957.