Isolation of neural crest-derived stem cells from rat embryonic mandibular processes
Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2012
2006 Société Française des Microscopies and Société Biologie Cellulaire de France
Biology of the Cell
Volume 98, Issue 10, pages 567–575, October 2006
How to Cite
Zhang, J., Duan, X., Zhang, H., Deng, Z., Zhou, Z., Wen, N., Smith, A. J., Zhao, W. and Jin, Y. (2006), Isolation of neural crest-derived stem cells from rat embryonic mandibular processes. Biology of the Cell, 98: 567–575. doi: 10.1042/BC20060012
- Issue online: 9 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 9 JAN 2012
- Received 22 May 2006; accepted 24 May 2006
- Cellular and molecular biology of neural crest cell lineage determination Trends Genet. 1997 13 276–280.
- Statistical evidence for a random commitment of pluripotent cephalic neural crest cells J. Cell Sci. 1991 103 581–587.
- Stem cells and neurogenesis in the adult brain Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 1998 8 677–680.
- Fate of the mammalian cranial neural crest during tooth and mandibular morphogenesis Development 2000 127 1671–1679.
- Signaling pathways crucial for craniofacial development revealed by endothelin-A receptor-deficient mice Dev. Biol. 2000 271 10–24.
- A self-renewing multipotential stem cell in embryonic rat cerebral cortex Nature 1994 372 263–266.
- In vitro clonal analysis of progenitor cell patterns in dorsal root and sympathetic ganglia of the quail embryos Dev. Biol. 1991 147 451–459.
- Stem cells of the central nervous system Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 1998 8 671–676.
- Isolation, characterization and use of stem cells from the CNS Annu. Rev. Neurosci. 1995 18 159–192.
- Globin gene expression is reprogrammed in chimeras generated by injecting adult hematopoietic stem cells into mouse blastocysts Cell 1998 93 1055–1065.
- Multipotential stem cells from the adult mouse brain proliferate and self-renew in response to basic fibroblast growth factor J. Neurosci. 1996 16 1091–1100.
- Melanocyte stimulating hormone induces the differentiation of mouse epidermal melanocytes in serum-free culture J. Cell Physiol. 1992 152 337–345.
- A developmental switch in thymic lymphocyte maturation potential occurs at the level of hematopoietic stem cells Cell 1990 62 863–874.
- Single factors direct the differentiation of stem cells from the fetal and adult central nervous system Genes Dev. 1996 10 3129–3140.
- Neuroepithelial stem cells from the embryonic spinal cord: isolation, characterization, and clonal analysis Dev. Biol. 1997 186 202–223.
- Cloning and growth of multipotential neural precursors-requirements for proliferation and differentiation Neuron 1993 10 255–265.
- Neural crest stem cells persist in the adult gut but undergo changes in self-renewal neuronal subtype potential, and factor responsiveness Neuron 2002 35 657–669.
- Immortalization and controlled in vitro differentiation of murine multipotent neural crest stem cells Neurobiology 1997 21 722–746.
- A receptor tyrosine kinase specific to hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell-enriched populations Cell 1991 65 1143–1152.
- Telomerase activity in hematopoietic cells is associated with self-renewal potential Immunity 1996 5 207–216.
- Identification of a lineage of multipotent hematopoietic progenitors Development 1997 124 1929–1939.
- The biology of hematopoietic stem cells Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 1995 11 35–71.
- Prospective identification, isolation by flow cytometry, and in vivo self-renewal of multipotent mammalian neural crest stem cells Cell 1999 96 737–749.
- The role of the neural crest in patterning of avian cranial skeletal, connective, and muscle tissues Dev. Biol. 1993 96 146–165.
- The adult rat hippocampus contains primordial neural stem cells Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 1997 8 389–404.
- A type III intermediate filament gene is expressed in mature neurons Neuron 1998 1 395–401.
- Pluripotent neural crest cells in the developing skin of the quail embryo Dev. Biol. 1993 157 348–358.
- Development potentialities of cells derived from the truncal neural crest in clonal cultures Brain Res. Dev. Brain Res. 1992 66 1–10.
- Induction of new bone by ceramic bovine bone with recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein 2 and transforming growth factor β Int. J. Oral. Maxillofac. Surg. 1998 27 310–314.
- Isolation of a stem cell for neurons and glia from the mammalian neural crest Cell 1992 71 973–985.
- Lineage diversification of the neural crest: in vitro investigations Dev. Biol. 1993 159 12–23.
- Purification and characterization of mouse hematopoietic stem cells Science 1988 241 58–62.
- Stem cells in the adult mammalian central nervous system Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 1999 9 135–141.
- The experimental investigation of odontogenesis Int. J. Dev. Biol. 1995 39 5–14.