We wish to thank The Haverford School (THS) and its Head, Dr. Joseph Cox and Assistant Head, Mr. Mark Thorburn, for their support of this research. THS has used it to engage in continuous reflection and change. What we describe in this article, therefore, is a moment in time. We are grateful, also, for the helpful feedback we received from Professors Mort Botel, Art Dole, and Joan Goodman, and Drs. Dan McGrath, Norman Newberg, and Richard Parker. Finally, we are grateful to our Research Assistants, Dr. Robert Zeitlin, Ms. Lauren Scher, and Ms. Laura Boniello, who helped us in many aspects of the research process. Not for quotation or citation without the written permission of the senior author.
Boys of Class, Boys of Color: Negotiating the Academic and Social Geography of an Elite Independent School
Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2003
Journal of Social Issues
Volume 59, Issue 4, pages 751–769, December 2003
How to Cite
Kuriloff, P. and Reichert, M. C. (2003), Boys of Class, Boys of Color: Negotiating the Academic and Social Geography of an Elite Independent School. Journal of Social Issues, 59: 751–769. doi: 10.1046/j.0022-4537.2003.00088.x
- Issue online: 18 NOV 2003
- Version of Record online: 18 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!