An evaluation of noninvasive methods to estimate foliar chlorophyll content
Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2002
Volume 153, Issue 1, pages 185–194, January 2002
How to Cite
Richardson, A. D., Duigan, S. P. and Berlyn, G. P. (2002), An evaluation of noninvasive methods to estimate foliar chlorophyll content. New Phytologist, 153: 185–194. doi: 10.1046/j.0028-646X.2001.00289.x
- Issue online: 11 JAN 2002
- Version of Record online: 11 JAN 2002
- Received: 5 June 2001 Accepted: 11 September 2001
- 1999. Yellowness index: An application of spectral second derivatives to estimate chlorosis of leaves in stressed vegetation. International Journal of Remote Sensing 20: 3663–3675. , ,
- 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts. Polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris. Plant Physiology 24: 1–15.
- 1992. A reappraisal of the use of DMSO for the extraction and determination of chlorophylls a and b in lichens and higher plants. Environmental and Experimental Botany 32: 85–100. , , , ,
- 1998. Spectral indices for estimating photosynthetic pigment concentrations: a test using senescent tree leaves. International Journal of Remote Sensing 19: 657–675.
- 1990. Exploring the relationship between reflectance red edge and chlorophyll content in slash pine. Tree Physiology 7: 33–48. , ,
- 1998. Remote sensing of chlorophyll a, chlorophyll b, chlorophyll a+b, and total carotenoid content in Eucalyptus leaves. Remote Sensing of Environment 66: 111–121.
- 1999. Visible/near infrared reflectance and chlorophyll content in Eucalyptus leaves. International Journal of Remote Sensing 20: 2741–2759.
- 1999. Seasonal variation of leaf chlorophyll content of a temperate forest. Inversion of the PROSPECT model. International Journal of Remote Sensing 20: 879–894. , , , , , ,
- 1995. Evaluating wheat nitrogen status with canopy reflectance indices and discriminant analysis. Crop Science 35: 1400–1405. , , ,
- 1995. Relationships between NDVI, canopy structure, and photosynthesis in three Californian vegetation types. Ecological Applications 5: 28–41. , , , , , , ,
- 1999. Assessing leaf pigment content and activity with a reflectometer. New Phytologist 143: 105–117. ,
- 1999. The chlorophyll fluorescence ratio F735/F700 as an accurate measure of the chlorophyll content in plants. Remote Sensing of Environment 69: 296–302. , ,
- 1994. Spectral reflectance changes associated with autumn senescence of Aesculus hippocastanum L. and Acer platanoides L. leaves: Spectral features and relation to chlorophyll estimation. Journal of Plant Physiology 143: 286–292. ,
- 1996. Signature analysis of leaf reflectance spectra: Algorithm development for remote sensing of chlorophyll. Journal of Plant Physiology 148: 494–500. ,
- 1996. Detection of red edge position and chlorophyll content by reflectance measurements near 700 nm. Journal of Plant Physiology 148: 501–508. , ,
- 1979. A method for the extraction of chlorophyll from leaf tissue without maceration. Canadian Journal of Botany 57: 1332–1334. ,
- 1995. Physiological Plant Ecology, 3rd edn. Berlin, Germany: Springer.
- 1995. Calibration of the Minolta SPAD-502 leaf chlorophyll meter. Photosynthesis Research 46: 467–472. , ,
- 1992. Inherent limitations of nondestructive chlorophyll meters: a comparison of two types of meters. Hortscience 27: 69–71. ,
- 2000. Differentiation among effects of nitrogen fertilization treatments on conifer seedlings by foliar reflectance: a comparison of methods. Tree Physiology 20: 1113–1120. , , ,
- 1998. Visible and near-infrared reflectance techniques for diagnosing plant physiological status. Trends in Plant Science 3: 151–156. ,
- 1983. Light environment within a leaf. Plant and Cell Physiology 24: 1493–1501. ,