Phosphorus and the regulation of nodulation in the actinorhizal symbiosis between Discaria trinervis (Rhamnaceae) and Frankia BCU110501
Article first published online: 11 JAN 2002
Volume 153, Issue 1, pages 43–51, January 2002
How to Cite
Valverde, C., Ferrari, A. and Gabriel Wall, L. (2002), Phosphorus and the regulation of nodulation in the actinorhizal symbiosis between Discaria trinervis (Rhamnaceae) and Frankia BCU110501. New Phytologist, 153: 43–51. doi: 10.1046/j.0028-646X.2001.00298.x
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 11 JAN 2002
- Received: 20 April 2001 Accepted: 31 July 2001
- 2000. Evidence that P deficiency induces feedback regulation of symbiotic N2 fixation in white clover (Trifolium repens L.). Journal of Experimental Botany 51: 1289–1297. , , , ,
- 1997. La Simbiosis Actinorrícica En Las Ramnáceas Del Parque Y Reserva Nacional Nahuel Huapi. PhD thesis. Argentina: Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- 1998. Isolation of an effective strain of Frankia from nodules of Discaria trinervis (Rhamanceae). Plant and Soil 205: 99–102.
- 2000. Spatial pattern of actinorhizal nodulation and root branching in Discaria trinervis seedlings. Symbiosis 29: 329–341. ,
- 1997. Phosphorus deficiency increases the argon-induced decline of nodule nitrogenase activity in soybean and alfalfa. Planta 201: 463–469. ,
- 1993. Phosphorus requirement and sources of nitrogen in three soybean (Glycine max) genotypes, Bragg, nts382 and Chippewa. Plant and Soil 151: 1–9. , ,
- 1998. The regulation of symbiotic N2 fixation: a conceptual model of N feedback from the ecosystem to the gene expression level. Perspectives in Plant Ecology, Evolution and Systematics 1: 92–120.
- 2001. Interaction effects of nitrogen and phosphorus on nodulation in red clover (Trifolium pratense L.). Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica 49: 00–00. ,
- 1978. Nitrogenase activity measurements in intact plants of Alnus incana. Physiologia Plantarum 43: 372–376.
- 1997. Actinorhizal symbioses and their N2 fixation. New Phytologist 136: 375–405.
- 1987. Investigation of the role of phosphorus in symbiotic nitrogen fixation. Plant Physiology 84: 835–840.
- 1993. Symbiotic dinitrogen fixation and host-plant growth during development of and recovery from phosphorus deficiency. Physiologia Plantarum 88: 294–300.
- 1958. Soil chemical analysis. Englewood Cliffs, NJ, USA: Prentice Hall Inc.
- 1985. The role of phosphorus in nitrogen fixation by young pea plants. Physiologia Plantarum 64: 190–196.
- 1993. Mineral nutrition in the tripartite interaction between Frankia, Glomus and Alnus at different soil phosphorus regimes. New Phytologist 123: 307–311. , ,
- 1995. Mineral nutrition of higher plants. London, UK: Academic Press.
- 1990. Soil solution P concentrations necessary for nodulation and nitrogen fixation in mycorrhizal and non-mycorrhizal red clover (Trifolium pratense L.). Soil Biology and Biochemistry 22: 127–129. ,
- 1989. Methods for the quantification of Frankia cell biomass. Plant and Soil 118: 199–204. ,
- 1993. Nodule growth and activity may be regulated by a feedback mechanism involving phloem nitrogen. Plant, Cell & Environment 16: 125–136. , , ,
- 1958. Symbiotic nitrogen fixation in non-leguminous plants. IV. The influence of some environmental conditions on different phases of the nodulation process in Alnus glutinosa. Acta Botanica Neerlandica 7: 191–204.
- 1997. Do Casuarina cunninghamiana seedlings dependent on symbiotic N2 fixation have higher phosphorus requirements than those supplied with adequate fertilizer nitrogen? Plant and Soil 189: 213–219. , ,
- 1983. Mineral nutrition. In: BroughtonWJ, ed. Nitrogen fixation. Oxford, UK: Clarendon Press, 36–55.
- 1993. Evaluating alder-endophyte (Alnus acuminata-Frankia–mycorrhizae) interactions: growth response of Alnus acuminata seedlings to inoculation with Frankia strain ArI3 and Glomus intra-radices, under three phosphorus levels. Journal of Sustainable Forestry 1: 93–110. , ,
- 1989. Nodulation and growth response of Allocasuarina and Casuarina species to phosphorus fertilization. Plant and Soil 118: 125–132. , ,
- 1999a. Time course of nodule development in Discaria trinervis (Rhamnaceae)-Frankia symbiosis. New Phytologist 141: 345–354. ,
- 1999b. Regulation of nodulation in Discaria trinervis (Rhamnaceae)-Frankia symbiosis. Canadian Journal of Botany 77: 1302–1310. ,
- 2000. Regulation of nodulation and nodule mass relative to nitrogenase activity and nitrogen demand in seedlings of Discaria trinervis (Rhamnaceae). Symbiosis 28: 49–62. , ,
- 2000. Actinorhizal symbioses. Journal of Plant Growth Regulation 19: 167–182.
- 2000. Nitrogen, phosphorus, and the ratio between them affect nodulation in Alnus incana and Trifolium pratense. Symbiosis 29: 91–106. , ,
- 1995. The effect of phosphorus on nodule formation and function in the Casuarina-Frankia symbiosis. Plant and Soil 176: 161–169.