Where does all the carbon go? The missing sink
Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2002
Volume 153, Issue 2, pages 207–210, February 2002
How to Cite
Pendall, E. (2002), Where does all the carbon go? The missing sink. New Phytologist, 153: 207–210. doi: 10.1046/j.0028-646X.2001.00340.x
- Issue online: 1 FEB 2002
- Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2002
- 2001. Effects of atmospheric CO2 concentration on wheat yield: review of results from experiments using various approaches to control CO2 concentration. Field Crops Research 73: 1–34. .
- 2001. Contrasting effects of elevated CO2 on old and new soil carbon pools. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 33: 365–373. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Carbon budgeting in plant-soil mesocosms under elevated CO2: locally missing carbon? Global Change Biology 6: 99–109. , , , , , .
- 1998. A meta-analysis of elevated CO2 effects on woody plant mass, form, and physiology. Oecologia 113: 299–313. , .
- 1999. Net primary production of a forest ecosystem with experimental CO2 enrichment. Science 284: 1177–1179. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Acclimation of photosynthesis, respiration, and ecosystem carbon flux of a wetland on Chesapeake Bay, Maryland, to elevated atmospheric CO2 concentration. Plant and Soil 187: 111–118. , , , , .
- 1999. Below-ground repiratory responses of sugar maple and red maple saplings to atmospheric CO2 enrichment and elevated air temperature. Plant and Soil 206: 85–97. , .
- 1997. The fate of carbon in grasslands under carbon dioxide enrichment. Nature 388: 576–579. , , , , , .
- 1996. Detecting changes in soil carbon in CO2 enrichment experiments. Plant and Soil 187: 135–145. , , , .
- 1994. Carbon isotope dynamics of CO2-enriched FACE cotton and soils. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 70: 87–101. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Stable-carbon isotopes and soil organic carbon in wheat under CO2 enrichment. New Phytologist 150: 305–314. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. CO2 flux estimates tend to overestimate ecosystem C sequestration at elevated CO2. Functional Ecology 14: 546–599. , , , .
- 2001. Rising CO2– future ecosystems. New Phytologist 150: 215–221. , , .
- 2001. Elevated CO2 stimulates soil respiration in a FACE wheat field. Basic and Applied Ecology 2: 193–201. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. A possible plant-mediated feedback between elevated CO2, denitrification and the enhanced greenhouse effect. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 31: 43–53. , .
- 2001. Limited carbon storage in soil and litter of experimental forest plots under increased atmospheric CO2. Nature 411: 466–469. , .
- 2000a. Net soil carbon input under ambient and elevated CO2 concentrations: isotopic evidence after 4 years. Global Change Biology 6: 435–444. , , , , .
- 2000b. Carbon-13 input and turn-over in a pasture soil exposed to long-term elevated atmospheric CO2. Global Change Biology 6: 123–135. , , , , , , .
- 1993. Elevated atmospheric CO2 and feedback between carbon and nitrogen cycles in forested ecosystems. Plant and Soil 151: 105–117. , , , , , .