Loading acetoxymethyl ester fluorescent dyes into the cytoplasm of Arabidopsis and Commelina guard cells
Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2002
Volume 153, Issue 3, pages 527–533, March 2002
How to Cite
Kuchitsu, K., Ward, J. M., Allen, G. J., Schelle, I. and Schroeder, J. I. (2002), Loading acetoxymethyl ester fluorescent dyes into the cytoplasm of Arabidopsis and Commelina guard cells. New Phytologist, 153: 527–533. doi: 10.1046/j.0028-646X.2001.00346.x
- Issue online: 28 JUN 2008
- Version of Record online: 5 MAR 2002
- Received: 31 August 2001 Accepted: 31 October 2001
- 1994. Two transduction pathways mediate rapid effects of abscisic acid in Commelina guard cells. Plant Cell 6: 1319–1328. , , , , .
- 2001. A defined range of guard cell calcium oscillation parameters encodes stomatal movements. Nature 411: 1053–1057. , , , , , , , .
- 1999a. Arabidopsis abi1–1 and abi2–1 phosphatase mutations reduce abscisic acid-induced cytosolic calcium rises in guard cells. Plant Cell 11: 1785–1798. , , , , .
- 1999b. Cameleon calcium indicator reports cytoplasmic calcium dynamics in Arabidopsis guard cells. Plant Journal 19: 735–747. , , , , , , .
- 1987. Measurement of cytoplasmic calcium in aleurone protoplasts using indo 1 and fura-2. Cell Calcium 8: 455–472. , .
- 1997. Characterization of ion channel modulator effects on ABA- and malate-induced stomatal movements: Strong regulation by kinase and phosphatase inhibitors, and relative insensitivity to mastoparans. Journal of Experimental Botany 48: 539–550. , , .
- 1991. Role of calcium in signal transduction of Commelina guard cells. Plant Cell 3: 333–344. , , , .
- 1990. Elevation of cytoplasmic calcium by caged calcium or caged inositol trisphosphate initiates stomatal closure. Nature 346: 769–771. , , .
- 1998. Membrane voltage initiates Ca2+ waves and potentiates Ca2+ increases with abscisic acid in stomatal guard cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 4778–4783. , .
- 1985. A new generation of Ca2+ indicators with greatly improved fluorescence properties. Journal of Biological Chemistry 260: 3440–3450. , , .
- 2000. Ca2+ channels at the plasma membrane of stomatal guard cells are activated by hyperpolarization and abscisic acid. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 4967–4972. , , , .
- 1998. Abscisic acid induced stomatal closure mediated by cyclic ADP-ribose. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 95: 15837–15842. , , , , .
- 1998. Signal transduction and ion channels in guard cells. Phil. Transactions of the Royal Society of London 1374: 1475–1488. .
- 2000. ABA activates multiple Ca2+ fluxes in stomatal guard cells, triggering vacuolar K+ (Rb+) release. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 97: 12361–12368. .
- 1990. Abscisic acid-induced elevation of guard cell cytosolic Ca2+ precedes stomatal closure. Nature 343: 186–188. , , .
- 1992. Visualizing changes in cytosolic-free Ca2+ during the response of stomatal guard cells to abscisic acid. Plant Cell 4: 1113–1122. , , .
- 1995. Stimulus-induced oscillations in guard cell cytosolic free calcium. Plant Cell 7: 1207–1219. , , , .
- 1999. Dynamic and quantitative Ca2+ measurements using improved cameleons. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 96: 2135–2140. , , , .
- 1997. Differential abscisic acid regulation of guard cell slow anion channels in Arabidopsis wild-type and abi1 and abi2 mutants. Plant Cell 9: 409–423. , , , , .
- 2000. Calcium channels activated by hydrogen peroxide mediate abscisic acid signalling in guard cells. Nature 406: 731–734. , , , , , , , .
- 1989. Cytosolic calcium regulates ion channels in the plasma membrane of Vicia faba guard cells. Nature 338: 427–430. , .
- 1990. Repetitive increases in cytosolic Ca2+ of guard cells by abscisic acid activation of nonselective Ca2+ permeable channels. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 87: 9305–9309. , .
- 2001. Guard cell abscisic acid signaling and engineering drought hardiness in plants. Nature 410: 327–330. , , .
- 1999. Abscisic acid induces oscillations in guard-cell cytosolic free calcium that involve phosphoinositide-specific phospholipase C. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, USA 96: 1779–1784. , , , , , .
- 1997. Loading and localization of Fluo-3 and Fluo-3/AM calcium indicators in sinapis alba root tissue. Folia Histochemistry and Cytobiology 35: 41–51. , , .
- 2001. The role of calcium in ABA-induced gene expression and stomatal movements. Plant Journal 26: 351–362. , , , , .
- 1996. Carbon dioxide induces increases in guard cell cytosolic free calcium. Plant Journal 9: 297–304. , , , .