*Direct correspondence to Deborah Che, Western Michigan University, Department of Geography, Kalamazoo, MI 49008 〈firstname.lastname@example.org〉. The author will share data for purposes of replication. I would like to thank Andrew Jonas, Robert Lineberry, and Gavin Bridge for their constructive comments on earlier drafts of this manuscript and for their assistance during the publication process. In particular, Andrew Jonas provided comments, advice, and support from the time of the initial conference presentation and draft up to the final draft, which he took the time to read and immediately offer suggestions about while in the middle of intensive field research. The comments provided by Jonas, Bridge, and Lineberry, as well as those of five anonymous reviewers, strengthened this article. I would also like to thank the Forest County Action Team for including me in its USDA Forest Service grant and Anne Gibson for cartographic assistance.
The New Economy and the Forest: Rural Development in the Post-Industrial Spaces of the Rural Alleghenies*
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 963–978, December 2003
How to Cite
Che, D. (2003), The New Economy and the Forest: Rural Development in the Post-Industrial Spaces of the Rural Alleghenies. Social Science Quarterly, 84: 963–978. doi: 10.1046/j.0038-4941.2003.08404006.x
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2003
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!