*Direct correspondence to Dr. Andrew E. G. Jonas, Department of Geography, Faculty of Science, Hull University, Kingston-upon-Hull, HU16 4PU, United Kingdom 〈A.E.Jonas@hull.ac.uk〉. Andy Jonas would like to acknowledge the support of the U.S. National Science Foundation (Grant No. SBR-9874837) and the UK Economic and Social Research Council (Grant No. R000237997) for his research on urban environmental governance. Gavin Bridge would like to acknowledge the support of the U.S. National Science Foundation (Grant No. SBR 9874837) for his research on mineral investment regimes and local environmental change.
Governing Nature: The Re-Regulation of Resources, Land-Use Planning, and Nature Conservation*
Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 958–962, December 2003
How to Cite
Jonas, A. E. G. and Bridge, G. (2003), Governing Nature: The Re-Regulation of Resources, Land-Use Planning, and Nature Conservation. Social Science Quarterly, 84: 958–962. doi: 10.1046/j.0038-4941.2003.08404010.x
1Hereafter the term “state” refers to a national or federal government as distinct from, e.g., “State of New Jersey”.
- Issue published online: 4 NOV 2003
- Article first published online: 4 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!