*Direct correspondence to Gregg Murray, Department of Political Science, University of Houston, 447 PGH Hall, Houston, TX 77204 〈email@example.com〉. The author will share all data and coding information with those wishing to replicate the study. I am grateful to and thank Kent Tedin, Rick Matland, Paul Gronke, Adrian Shepherd, and Colleen Barry-Goodman for valuable comments and suggestions. Thanks also go to Richard Murray and the Center for Public Policy at the University of Houston for providing the data, as well as to Robert Lineberry and two anonymous reviewers at Social Science Quarterly for their helpful suggestions and constructive criticism. Earlier versions of this paper were presented to the Southern Association of Public Opinion Research, from which it received the 2002 James W. Prothro Award, and at the 2001 Southern Political Science Association meetings.
Raising Considerations: Public Opinion and the Fair Application of the Death Penalty*
Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2003
Social Science Quarterly
Volume 84, Issue 4, pages 753–770, December 2003
How to Cite
Murray, G. R. (2003), Raising Considerations: Public Opinion and the Fair Application of the Death Penalty. Social Science Quarterly, 84: 753–770. doi: 10.1046/j.0038-4941.2003.08404018.x
- Issue online: 4 NOV 2003
- Version of Record online: 4 NOV 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!