CYP2C8 and CYP3A4 are the principal enzymes involved in the human in vitro biotransformation of the insulin secretagogue repaglinide
Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2003
British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 305–314, September 2003
How to Cite
Bidstrup, T. B., Bjørnsdottir, I., Sidelmann, U. G., Thomsen, M. S. and Hansen, K. T. (2003), CYP2C8 and CYP3A4 are the principal enzymes involved in the human in vitro biotransformation of the insulin secretagogue repaglinide. British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 56: 305–314. doi: 10.1046/j.0306-5251.2003.01862.x
- Issue online: 22 JUL 2003
- Version of Record online: 22 JUL 2003
- 1Type 2 diabetes: Getting up to speed. Am Druggist 1999; 216: 56–63..
- 3Characterization of the binding-sites for the novel anti-hyperglycemic drug, repaglinide. Diabetes 1995; 44: 231A., , , .
- 4Molecular identification of a specific binding-site (36 kda) for repaglinide. Diabetes 1998; 47: A416..
- 5A new oral hypoglycemic agent, repaglinide minimizes risk of hypoglycemia in well-controlled NIDDM patients. Diabetologia 1995; 38: A195–A195., , .
- 8Pharmacokinetics and metabolism of 14C-repaglinide after a single oral dose to healthy Japanese and Caucasian males. Clin Pharmacol Ther 2001; 69: P88–P88., , , , .
- 10Influence of drugs interacting with CYP3A4 on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of repaglinide. Eur J Clin Pharmacol in press., , .
- 18Different contributions of cytochrome P450 2C19 and 3A4 in the oxidation of omeprazole by human liver microsomes: effects of contents of these two forms in individual human samples. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 1997; 238: 434–442., , , , , .
- 25Biotransformation of [14C] repaglinide in human, cynomolgus monkey, dog, rabbit, rat and mouse. Diabetologia 1997; 40: A326., , , et al.
- 28Novo Nordisk. An open-labelled, randomized, crossover trial evaluating a possible interaction of multiple dosing of rifampicin on a single dose of repaglinide pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics in healthy subjects. Novo Nordisk Internal Trial report AGEE-1058, 1999. Data on file.